Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Everton fans without tickets? It was evident from the full 25's at the steine....

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Ok I’ll email them as I imagine you are both right and these two seats are being sold to away fans at a profit.

If they were regular seats I wouldn’t even have asked, I’d have reported it without question. But I just wondered if the 1901 rules allow people to pass on their tickets.

I will also be emailing the Club..
He was front row of 1901, Block F

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
There were quite a few complaints about the trains before the game, from Brighton station. A faulty camera, no guard, meaning a whole train pulled out empty.
Quite a few missed kickoff, so that may have caused an overspill onto the buses.

Shouldn't you be on strike?

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
But its not a home only section. (1901) If the guy was an arse the whole game I would agree that it would be annoying. But to cheer a single goal virtually at the games end is hardly a crime.

Except it want just cheering
He got abusive which is why I - and a few others - tried to reach him, before his wife and grandad joined in to lead him away

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If an away fan wants to buy a ticket and sit in the WSL without drawing attention to themselves I have no issue with it. But when they are cheering, shouting and urging their team on in what is clearly a home only section they are asking for someone to take a swing at them, which is almost what the guy got today. It’s just moronic, provocative attention seeking.

Without having read further posts in this thread .... surely [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] was just...making a joke.....(made me laugh, anyway :cheers:)

unrelated - oddly it reminds me of a PM I received some time ago from anothr poster :ohmy:

:facepalm::lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Company I work for have 1901 tickets for giving to customers each game , they could support any team , (and be Chinese) is this within the rules ??
Yes, absolutely within the rules, and a core feature of hospitality.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Can't remember ever not being a Chelsea fan , you just naturally were in my family , first game was in 1967 , haven't had a season ticket since I've had a Brighton one , 4th or 5th year now I can't remember , you?

I thinking I am a couple of years younger. Uncle sent me a replica top in 76 and I started going when I came to England in January 79. Been a season ticket holder on and off at the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
..and the congestion at Brighton station, that there were far more 'fans' using the transport system than the ratio of fans to ticket purchase allows for.

Some Evertonain bent my ear from London Road onwards, just past what would have been the Kemp Town spur, about how we have to improve the system and those tw*ts (Liverpool) and United will overrun this town when they visit.

It was the worst transport they had experienced etc etc

Fans from Liverpool travelling without tickets? Or going in the wrong areas? Don't be so ridiculous. If you see the error of your ways please feel free to make a donation to the ASAV fund, or if not please do not be surprised if you are relentlessly trolled and vilified on social media.

Oh, you already are! :lol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Without having read further posts in this thread .... surely [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] was just...making a joke.....(made me laugh, anyway :cheers:)

unrelated - oddly it reminds me of a PM I received some time ago from anothr poster :ohmy:

:facepalm::lolol:
whilst the statement itself is true (imo) the post was indeed meant in a laconically jokey way :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
0PVmrj.gif

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There were quite a few complaints about the trains before the game, from Brighton station. A faulty camera, no guard, meaning a whole train pulled out empty.
Quite a few missed kickoff, so that may have caused an overspill onto the buses.

I was on that train, pissed off was an understatement, I got to my seat in the WSU 15 mins into the first half, the train was due to leave at 13:12 from Brighton

D

Deleted User X18H

My OP was to highlight the number of Everton fans in and around the station area without match tickets. One fan telling me loads of them try to push through behind a ticket holder at the turnstile. I told him I couldn't see that happening at the Amex

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The revised 1901 T&Cs that apply this season allow a 1901er to pass their ticket for a game to someone else without the club's permission, but ONLY if said transfer is free of charge (clause 8.2 a). The only way that a 1901er can get compensation for the ticket is if they use the official ticket exchange (clause 8.3).

Them's the rules, but - you can physically transfer the seat by email (print at home for the recipient) using the club's transfer system, so quite how the club intend to police a 1:1 financial transaction is beyond me. If however, a 1901er put his/her seat up for sale on a secondary ticketing site...

So you can pass on a 1901 ticket to an opposition supporter? That's just asking for trouble.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
And yet there were quite a lot of empty seats in the away section. Do they have a similar system where people buy tickets for the points and then don't go? Hence why others have to go in the home end.

As an aside for a sell out there were quite a lot of gaps in the home end too.

They must have, my OH is an Everton fan, tried to get a ticket in the away end 2 weeks ago and was told it was sold out, but as you say, loads of gaps in there. I got her a ticket in West Upper where she was very well behaved and didn't celebrate Rooney's penalty. She has been with me plenty of times to the Amex so is an honorary Seagull anyway !!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So you can pass on a 1901 ticket to an opposition supporter? That's just asking for trouble.

The T&Cs do not specifically preclude giving the ticket to an away fan, as far as I can see. Clause 5.4 says that a "member" (ie BHAFC fan) warrants that they are an Albion fan, but I can't find a clause that says that the "nominee" (person to whom you have given the seat) has to be too.

Thinking about it, it would be a little perverse if away fans were banned, since they are allowed to book hospitality (about 10 Everton fans responded when asked by Andy Rollings to identify themselves - perhaps more still stayed schtumm?), and their seats are within 1901. So if the club can sell away fans 1901 hospitality, it'd be a bit off if they prevented members from giving their seat to an away fan.

That said, all members and nominees have to behave themselves (eg "not bring the club into disrepute" etc). If an away fan stepped out of line, the stewards should eject them.

You're right though, it is asking for trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here