Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Everton fans without tickets? It was evident from the full 25's at the steine....

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Yes, you are allowed to bring anyone of your choice to a match using a membership that you own without having to inform the club. Dress codes apply and openly supporting an away team can lead to ejection if deemed inappropriate.

You can also use the 1901 ticket exchange at no cost to the 1901 club member to transfer the ticket.

It's just a surprise that a corporate "tout" hasn't bought a few tickets at cica £1200 each per season although I am sure PB has this covered

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If an away fan wants to buy a ticket and sit in the WSL without drawing attention to themselves I have no issue with it. But when they are cheering, shouting and urging their team on in what is clearly a home only section they are asking for someone to take a swing at them, which is almost what the guy got today. It’s just moronic, provocative attention seeking.

In the regular WSL it would be a no-no, in the 1901 WSL it's more acceptable. Such is the bizarre world of the posh seats.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Saw a lot of Everton shirts leaving the East stand after the game. Looked like they'd had their jackets done up for the game and unzipped as they left. Not a group together but lots of individuals. Was surprised it was more than just 1 or 2.
Makes me glad i moved to the north. I had a feeling the east would be heavily infiltrated by away fans in the PL for the bigger clubs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If an away fan wants to buy a ticket and sit in the WSL without drawing attention to themselves I have no issue with it. But when they are cheering, shouting and urging their team on in what is clearly a home only section they are asking for someone to take a swing at them, which is almost what the guy got today. It’s just moronic, provocative attention seeking.

But its not a home only section. (1901) If the guy was an arse the whole game I would agree that it would be annoying. But to cheer a single goal virtually at the games end is hardly a crime.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There were a couple of very young boys wearing Everton shirts in E1H, near me, I guess their dad wasn't brave enough to wear his? Come to think of it, the two Chinese guys sitting next to me, didn't make any noise when we scored!

Well the Chinese are known to be inscrutable!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ok I’ll email them as I imagine you are both right and these two seats are being sold to away fans at a profit.

If they were regular seats I wouldn’t even have asked, I’d have reported it without question. But I just wondered if the 1901 rules allow people to pass on their tickets.

Yes, you are allowed to bring anyone of your choice to a match using a membership that you own without having to inform the club. Dress codes apply and openly supporting an away team can lead to ejection if deemed inappropriate.

The revised 1901 T&Cs that apply this season allow a 1901er to pass their ticket for a game to someone else without the club's permission, but ONLY if said transfer is free of charge (clause 8.2 a). The only way that a 1901er can get compensation for the ticket is if they use the official ticket exchange (clause 8.3).

Them's the rules, but - you can physically transfer the seat by email (print at home for the recipient) using the club's transfer system, so quite how the club intend to police a 1:1 financial transaction is beyond me. If however, a 1901er put his/her seat up for sale on a secondary ticketing site...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
And yet there were quite a lot of empty seats in the away section. Do they have a similar system where people buy tickets for the points and then don't go? Hence why others have to go in the home end.

As an aside for a sell out there were quite a lot of gaps in the home end too.

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
No obvious away fans in East upper. We'd chuck them into the family stand if there were.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Wake up to what ? Or is the only answer you could come up with that doesn’t have to acknowledge your JCL status ?

Very good :bigwave: I have probably been supporting the Albion and been a season ticket holder as long as you have been doing the same with Chelsea.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Makes me glad i moved to the north. I had a feeling the east would be heavily infiltrated by away fans in the PL for the bigger clubs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just checked with my son in law, who was with me, and neither of us saw a single Everton fan in East Upper, or, for that matter, any away supporters in the other games this year. Of course there might have been, as in other sections of the ground, if Sussex -based people buy tickets, but to say it is heavily infiltrated is really a total exaggeration.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Company I work for have 1901 tickets for giving to customers each game , they could support any team , (and be Chinese) is this within the rules ??

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How long have you been a Chelsea fan and season ticket holder?

Can't remember ever not being a Chelsea fan , you just naturally were in my family , first game was in 1967 , haven't had a season ticket since I've had a Brighton one , 4th or 5th year now I can't remember , you?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Company I work for have 1901 tickets for giving to customers each game , they could support any team , (and be Chinese) is this within the rules ??

Unless there are a whole set of different 1901 rules for corporates purchasing seats (and I don't think there are), giving is ok, selling (or receiving a benefit in kind) is not.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can't remember ever not being a Chelsea fan , you just naturally were in my family , first game was in 1967 , haven't had a season ticket since I've had a Brighton one , 4th or 5th year now I can't remember , you?
Two team supporter.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here