Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ranieri Sacked

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Some interesting reactions on this thread.

I'd be interested to know the feeling amongst the Albion faithful if were in Leicester's position. How many would have been calling for the manager's head at this point - 1%, 10%, 25%, 50% or more?

Fewer than most clubs I would imagine, but not by much.

There aren't many things I envy about Burnley, but their faith in Dyche is something I hope we would emulate with Hughton.

Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think winning the Premier League with Leicester was an amazing achievement. They played exciting football too.

It's not coincidental that their downward trajectory is after Kante left.

He was integral to how they played, and Ranieri hasn't been able to replace him.

Sorry, but team doesn't collapse to the arse-end of the division to this extent through the loss of ONE player, good though he was. Its not as simple as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fewer than most clubs I would imagine, but not by much.

There aren't many things I envy about Burnley, but their faith in Dyche is something I hope we would emulate with Hughton.

Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

As their next 4 games are away from home, we may well find out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm not a fan of Leicester sacking Raneiri but some of the reaction is laughable.

Jose got sacked around this time last year - after winning the league the year before. A manager with every trophy in his cabinet got potted and the general reaction was 'So fecking what' Raneiri goes and it's like someone's shot a fluffy cat.

If Raneiri wasn't a likeable old goat who said 'Dilly ding' a lot no one would give a toss. When he got the Leicester job he'd done an utter shithouse job in Greece and everyone thought the Leicester board were stark raving bonkers. Whilst I'd rather have Bloom any day they might not be as bad as is being painted.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Sorry, but team doesn't collapse to the arse-end of the division to this extent through the loss of ONE player, good though he was. Its not as simple as that.

You're right their current situation is not down to one player leaving there are multiple factors. I should have said their downward trajectory began after Kante left.

But Kante was very influential, I think this Telegraph article from November is pretty good. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...appened-leicester-city-premier-league-season/

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bizarre they waited till today esp after last nights performance, you'd think see through the CL and sack him earlier.

Really hope the club and their tin pot owners go down

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm not a fan of Leicester sacking Raneiri but some of the reaction is laughable.

Jose got sacked around this time last year - after winning the league the year before. A manager with every trophy in his cabinet got potted and the general reaction was 'So fecking what' Raneiri goes and it's like someone's shot a fluffy cat.

If Raneiri wasn't a likeable old goat who said 'Dilly ding' a lot no one would give a toss. When he got the Leicester job he'd done an utter shithouse job in Greece and everyone thought the Leicester board were stark raving bonkers. Whilst I'd rather have Bloom any day they might not be as bad as is being painted.

There's a big difference between Leicester and Chelsea. And Mourinho had clearly lost the dressing room and basically lost the plot. Arsenal haven't won the Premier League for 13 years, yet Leicester sack their manager 9 months after winning the title against all odds. Before last season, only FOUR teams had won the Premier League in the past 20 years....Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc have been trying for donkeys years and haven't won the Premier League. There MUST be something more to this....it is insane to have sacked Ranieri. The only thing I can think is that Leicester forgot to put relegation clauses in their players' new contracts, and they're stuffed financially if they go down. Bizarre.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
As bad as this is, they must have someone already lined up immediately you'd think as they're still in with a decent shout of the CL plus their league position

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As bad as this is, they must have someone already lined up immediately you'd think as they're still in with a decent shout of the CL plus their league position

I would have thought so - but if so you'd expect the bookies to have an inkling - yet the favourite (Pardew, apparently) is 5/1.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There's a big difference between Leicester and Chelsea. And Mourinho had clearly lost the dressing room and basically lost the plot. Arsenal haven't won the Premier League for 13 years, yet Leicester sack their manager 9 months after winning the title against all odds. Before last season, only FOUR teams had won the Premier League in the past 20 years....Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc have been trying for donkeys years and haven't won the Premier League. There MUST be something more to this....it is insane to have sacked Ranieri. The only thing I can think is that Leicester forgot to put relegation clauses in their players' new contracts, and they're stuffed financially if they go down. Bizarre.

There's been reports in the press that the players have had enough of Claudio and had a moan to the chairman. It's exactly like Jose in my mind. Someone gets the best our of his team one year and the next it all goes to tits. It's obviously a much better achivement for Leicester to win the PL than Chelsea but the here and now is that Leicester have been a bit shit.

Put it this way. If they sack him now they might get Mancini in - the betting has him up there. Sack him when they've been relegated and we're looking at the likes of Nigel Pearson coming back and a few top players buggering off. I can see why they've sacked him albeit I don't agree with it necessarily.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hughton's got unfinished business I can't see him bottling it at this stage. Mind you Wagner or stam might!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm going to break the mould. I'm not surprised as he has showed no sign of turning it around. Fabulous story last season, but with the money in the Premier League they need to stay up... they're currently going down. He also spent a fair bit of money and only lost Kante (big loss for sure).

In the modern game, this isn't a surprise

Agree. Lost key backroom staff too. They would certainly go down if he stays. Look what happened to Di Matteo after winning champion's league.....surprised Ranieri has lasted this long....

Jan 22, 2017
Hughton's got unfinished business I can't see him bottling it at this stage. Mind you Wagner or stam might!

No chance will Hughton go, in 3 months time Brighton could well be in a better position than Leicester for one and secondly Hughton isn't that type of character. Don't know about Wagner in terms of personality but don't think he would go either sadly.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Some interesting reactions on this thread.

I'd be interested to know the feeling amongst the Albion faithful if were in Leicester's position. How many would have been calling for the manager's head at this point - 1%, 10%, 25%, 50% or more?

10% - the other 90% would take another season in the championship to get back up. I hope anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here