Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to leave Dean alone?????

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Riverside Mike has joined Challis of the Palace in the referees' hall of infamy and he must be continually reminded of this for years to come, at least until he leaves the game for good.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That is a truly awful article..

So it's ok for it to be a red because Ramirez and Stephens had just been spoken to?
And.... waiting to see if the injury is serious enough for a red is akin to playing advantage???

I assume it's a fishing trip to see how many comments they can get

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You don't need to read it. It's an appallingly written piece by [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] that adds nothing at all. If you're that interested I'l paraphrase here and give you the worst of the writing highlights. Then you can know what you need to by reading NSC and not clicking through.

Precis: We should stop moaning, Stephens and Ramirez had a shoving match earlier where hands were raised and Dean chose to take no action, so he's a good guy really. He refereed at Withdean without incident so he's a good guy really. We should concentrate on the playoffs.

The worst bit of English is "Right under the nose of referee Dean both Stephens and Gaston Ramirez, the player the Seagulls midfielder was adjudged to have fouled, had a pushing and shoving match."

The worst argument is that referees act retrospectively all the time, it's called advantage. Only Timmy uses an exclamation mark as if this were an enshrined truth which, of course, it is not. A referee chooses to play advantage immediately and then has a further immediate decision to make as to whether that advantage occurred. There's nothing retrospective about advantage at all, in fact it is anti-retrospective in that if it is not played and you're clean through you can't go back.

There, that's thirty seconds of your life back. All you need in NSC.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We aren't really doing anything though are we. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read NSC...

That is a truly awful article..

So it's ok for it to be a red because Ramirez and Stephens had just been spoken to?
And.... waiting to see if the injury is serious enough for a red is akin to playing advantage???

I assume it's a fishing trip to see how many comments they can get

He does the same on there as he does here.

He's an attention seeker.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Whatever you think about the writer's justification of Dean's actions, the call to now put it behind us makes sense. All of us know that if our players are going into the play-offs with a negative, retrograde frame of mind it will seriously jeopardise the Albion's chance of promotion. So, without trying to be too hippy-dippy, let's back them with some bloody-minded, f#*k it, positive thinking.18 championship clubs would snog a sloth to be in our position, and sports teams throughout history have been victorious with key players missing (probably). Let's grind our way to the premier league. (Yes I have had some refreshments)

:albion2::bhasign::clap2::albion2::bhasign::clap2:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Like Ramirez, the Manchester Utd team coach arrived late last night, and suffered some superficial damage. But did Mike Dean give the West Ham coach a red card? NO, HE DID NOT.

I'm not letting this go until he's at least consistent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We aren't really doing anything though are we. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read NSC...

He most certainly does. In fact he's notorious on here. He'll send you a knowing PM if you bother him too much as well.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's by Hove Born & Bred (even though he was born in Brighton).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here