Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Justice....McFadzean red card appeal rejected.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we appeal the appalling penalty decision that nearly cost us 2 points for the ball missing one player and hitting the other square in the face? If so, I think we should and should be awarded an extra point in damages. That was the most shocking decision of the game without doubt...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or listen to that Numpety Karl Robinson and to think some wanted him as our manager a man who cant see when his team are 2nd best in all areas.

To be fair, that's no a million miles away from what we used to hear week in week out from Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw it clearly from where I was sitting. Elbow in face; straight red card all day long. Could have been reduced to a two match ban on account of Tomar making a bit of a meal of it though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Saw it clearly from where I was sitting. Elbow in face; straight red card all day long. Could have been reduced to a two match ban on account of Tomar making a bit of a meal of it though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No it couldn't, it was deemed violent conduct as as such a straight red and 3 match ban.

The bit I couldn't believe was the fact the Robinson admitted it was a yellow, so still a sending off. Obviously that then would only have led to a one match ban!

I assume that the stance MKDons took when they appealed, was not that McFadzean shouldn't have been sent off, but that it shouldn't have been a straight red that would mean McFadzean will miss nearly half of their remaining games. Tough!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Clearly a red card, very silly to appeal that one.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't recall his reaction being that over the top. I can't say I've ever been elbowed in the face but I imagine falling to the ground clutching your head would be an appropriate response.

Glad the appeal was rejected. It will wind up their w**ker fans and their w**ker manager. Good grief I despise that "club".

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That wasn't a serious suggestion - very much tongue in cheek! Tomar did appear to make a meal of it though.

Sorry, my bad - agreed he did make sure the ref knew that he had been clouted.

I was only ever elbowed once when playing football and was out before I hit the ground, no chance of rolling around there!

In Hemed's defence, there have been occasions recently when he has been clattered and could have gone to ground, but normally he stays on his feet even if to no benefit to himself.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In what universe did someone there decide an appeal was the correct thing to do?

In my mind you should have 2 appeal "tokens" per season. If you appeal and are successful you keep all your tokens. If you appeal and don't get it overturned you lose a token.

Unless that system is already in place (I have no idea).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"Hemed had scored twice to put his side in command before Antony Kay pulled one back from a corner."

Jeezus. Did Hodges write that report?

No, but he in this week's column in Brighton and Hove News he did write this about our penalty.....

Hemed’s first goal was a penalty. It looked like Jamie Murphy was chopped down in the area

Unable to tell the difference between Murphy and Hemed is quite an achievement. But he then topped it with....

Moments after the restart Kyle Mcfadzean was sent off – a straight red for a crude elbow on James Wilson

....being unable to tell the difference between Hemed and Wilson, and

he assistant referee adjudged Lewis Dunk to have handled and the referee after some hesitation gave a penalty.

also being unable to tell the difference between Dunk and Stephens.

It's almost as if [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] sets out to nudge the bar on ineptitude higher and higher each time he starts typing.

You can read the whole SCOOP here

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/03/19/super-sub-hemed-kos-dons-as-albion-win-despite-late-drama/

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
No, but he in this week's column in Brighton and Hove News he did write this about our penalty.....

Unable to tell the difference between Murphy and Hemed is quite an achievement. But he then topped it with....

It's almost as if [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] sets out to nudge the bar on ineptitude higher and higher each time he starts typing.

http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/03/19/super-sub-hemed-kos-dons-as-albion-win-despite-late-drama/

How can you make that many mistakes when the highlights are available online free of charge within an hour or so of the final whistle?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How can you make that many mistakes when the highlights are available online free of charge within an hour or so of the final whistle?!

It can't help if the journalist is typing with one hand whilst he's putting together his words of wisdom......

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

you missed where he also confuses ...

The kick was delayed for several minutes and several incensed Albion players,including Beram Kayal, Dale Stephens and Kazenga LuaLua were booked.

Liam Rosenior for Beram Kayal (booked in 82nd min). Dale Stephens was also booked in the 61st minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here