Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Success to failure in 5 seasons?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't think what non-1901ers think comes into it. PB's job is to maximise revenue so he'll charge the 1901 is much as he can get away with. If that means more corporates take up the seats, who can be upsold lobster and champagne dinners, then that's better for everyone.
That is the concern. But not in the PL, I have doubts that there are the corporates who want this. Outside of Platinum, I'm not sure many corporates go with the upselling now as it is. Time will tell. I fear the worst and hope Sheebo is right whilst expecting middle ground.

el punal

Love, hate or resent it the 1901 membership was a fantastic marketing success for the club.
Initially bringing in over £2m in seat licence income plus circa £2.5m a season.
With renewals due later this season I would estimate at least half of existing members are considering switching to normal season tickets.
Ok so the club will still keep some of the existing income but how have the club allowed such a successful formula to become such a potential failure just through arrogance , false promises and not getting the simple things right??

And you base this on . . . ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gold being £90 a month. I couldn't give a monkey's chuff if you think I am being patronising - the simple fact is you made assertions that I and others had accepted the idea of a price increase which I countered with details of the average cost per game and reasons why I believe the cost must increase given the likelihood that renewals will be for multiple years again. Now you are coming up with bizarre assertions that I want an increase when I have already stated I would love to be proved wrong.

I guess I'll have to carry on being patronising by saying I find your faith in human nature touching. Maybe you are right and I am just cynical. But I very much doubt we will have the chance to find out.

Wow -you speak so intelligently for someone being so stupid.

The only one making unfounded assertions and making things up is you.

I didn't say YOU had accepted an increase I said SOME of our fans.

I understand the reasons you've given (basically the club have increased other seats so these will be increased too - almost accepting that it will / should happen - oh yes the irony is quite funny)

I expect they will go up as other tickets have - you've certainly made me think a bit with that one I give you that (see how easy it is to admit mistakes and not just stubbornly patronise?)

I don't think they should go up as renewal rates will plumit further.

I most certainly didn't say you WANT an increase - you're a 1901 member right? You've just made that up completely.

Apart from that you've won the argument and are completely right.

With a Sept 2011 join date it's more than likely you're a new fan and I'm a much better and more important fan than you and you never watched us at Withdean.

One of these invisible bullet points may be a tongue in cheek joke - I'll leave you to work out which one as you're clearly super intelligent and can use long words to try and patronise your way to winning an argument :)

Jan 30, 2008
love, hate or resent it the 1901 membership was a fantastic marketing success for the club.
Initially bringing in over £2m in seat licence income plus circa £2.5m a season.
With renewals due later this season i would estimate at least half of existing members are considering switching to normal season tickets.
Ok so the club will still keep some of the existing income but how have the club allowed such a successful formula to become such a potential failure just through arrogance , false promises and not getting the simple things right??
ego trippers have wised up ???
regards
DR

s e boy1968

Nov 9, 2010
Many have asked how I support the statement I made ?
Just that good old communication tool commonly known as 'talking' to people!
Ultimately there are a lot of 1901 (half may even be conservative) 'considering ' switching who probably would not have even thought that would be the case when they first joined.
At the end of the day that can only mean the product/service or whole package has gone wrong somewhere ��

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The quality of the football will have to improve dramatically if fair weather corporates are to be enticed. The last two seasons have been a struggle for diehards, how bored must most non Brighton fans on a jolly be watching the dross on offer. Nice as the stadium is, it's whats on offer on the field that will fuel Barber's dream to sell 1901 space to corporates at inflated rates. At the moment he's onto a loser IMO and the probability of it getting much better will be dependant on how much Bloom is willing to bump up the budget to get the required players. Trying very hard and working very hard #Together won't cut it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ultimately there are a lot of 1901 (half may even be conservative) 'considering ' switching who probably would not have even thought that would be the case when they first joined.
At the end of the day that can only mean the product/service or whole package has gone wrong somewhere ��

Half of the people YOU have spoken to does not equate to half of the entire 1901 club members.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ultimately there are a lot of 1901 (half may even be conservative) 'considering ' switching who probably would not have even thought that would be the case when they first joined.At the end of the day that can only mean the product/service or whole package has gone wrong somewhere ��

You must know a lot of people and had a lot of discussions, to even base your assumption on half. The vast majority on this thread seem to be likely to be renewing, so I'm still struggling with your research.

Even if you are in one of the bigger lounges and are a member, there are plenty of other lounges packed with members.

I don't think the product has wrong anywhere in particular, there are of course the broken promises that others have mentioned, the food was an issue at the start and for me remains overpriced, but even the criticism in that area seems to have been reduced.

The biggest issue as [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] highlights is the product on the pitch, which needs urgent improvement, and IMO this alone could cause people not to renew, but it may not just be 1901 members but season ticket holders as well.

D

Deleted User X18H

If I could interject . Thanks. 5 things about references to Timmy or HB&B on this thread .
1) The OP is not my myself .
2 )The OP's opinions are not shared by me .
3)The Fifth Coloums remarks are incorrect and unsubstantiated .
4) I was not born in 1968
5 ) if someone is perceived as a raving attention seeking freak then why ........

s e boy1968

Nov 9, 2010
How do you think Election exit poles work? You think they talk to the entire voting population??!
Been some interesting points made and come December we will all find out what the options will be and the impact on a huge income stream for the club!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm not convinced 1901ers have had a 5 year price freeze. The club would have built some inflation into the 5 year price. But, assuming this isn't the case, I would expect an increase to be no more than the increases of regular season tickets over the past 5 years, anything beyond this will be difficult to justify imho especially given what Barber has told 1901ers eg the "Superphil" letter. He would have to fully explain why he was treating 1901ers differently to other fans.
If inflation was built into the deal, it will also be built into the next deal so this is cancelled out.

I'm not sure, but I guess other STs have gone up around 15% in 5 years ? ???

So I expect similar for 1901 wings, but my guess is heftier in the prime seat locations. Guesswork, we shall see.

s e boy1968

Nov 9, 2010
I can confirm I was born in 1968 but not in Hove!!
Only post occasionally , I realise this makes me a non entity on NSC ��

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I could interject . Thanks. 5 things about references to Timmy or HB&B on this thread .
1) The OP is not my myself .
2 )The OP's opinions are not shared by me .
3)The Fifth Coloums remarks are incorrect and unsubstantiated .
4) I was not born in 1968
5 ) if someone is perceived as a raving attention seeking freak then why ........
Is Paul Valley still hiding in your attic ? :lolol:

???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those who care, and for [MENTION=17657]s e boy1968[/MENTION], it certainly looks like he is NOT [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION], which is very fortunate for him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For those who care, and for [MENTION=17657]s e boy1968[/MENTION], it certainly looks like he is NOT [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION], which is very fortunate for him.

You mean that they don't have the same IP address? This doesn't mean they're no the same person: Timmy 1 could be using his phone to post under the normal usernam; Timmy 2 could be using a proxy server - it wouldn't take an IT genius.

Wouldn't surprise me given that he was caught out last time, and it's quite a coincidence that they're both here at the same time on a Sunday morning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You mean that they don't have the same IP address? This doesn't mean they're no the same person: Timmy 1 could be using his phone to post under the normal usernam; Timmy 2 could be using a proxy server - it wouldn't take an IT genius.

Wouldn't surprise me given that he was caught out last time, and it's quite a coincidence that they're both here at the same time on a Sunday morning.

Yes, that's all I did - I just looked at the IP addresses.

I've only been doing this 'job' for 12 or 13 years now, so thanks for the tips...

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh my goodness you'll be looking through my bins next .

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You mean that they don't have the same IP address? This doesn't mean they're no the same person: Timmy 1 could be using his phone to post under the normal usernam; Timmy 2 could be using a proxy server - it wouldn't take an genius.

True, but this clearly rules out Timmy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If this season is as successful as most expect the club will have to come up with some sort of "come & buy me" offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see an early-bird deal at either no-increase or 5% maximum with the licence fee waived for a 5 year renewal commitment

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If this season is as successful as most expect the club will have to come up with some sort of "come & buy me" offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see an early-bird deal at either no-increase or 5% maximum with the licence fee waived for a 5 year renewal commitment

Quite possibly, but for those who purchased their seat for the lifetime of the stadium (later changed to 50 years), the license wouldn't apply.

I think you could be right re early bird offer. I have a feeling parking will be removed from the package.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here