Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened after the Fire Drill at the Amex yesterday ? There was one on about 87 ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Me and Mrs Earle and the boy Earle left after the 3rd goal. We usually remain till the whistle blows, but it was effing freezing and there can't have been a fan in the ground who thought there would be a rousing fightback in the final few minutes. We will be renewing our S/Ts, but don't tell Barber as I don't want to be taken for granted. Quite simply, these three loyal fans did not want to spend half an hour extra in the Mill Rd P&R queue in the freezing cold just in case the team took a sudden turn for the better in the last few minutes. It can't be assumed that the early leavers are the same at each match, and some of those who do, have no choice for health, family, business and many other reasons. We should be glad of every single supporter who pays and turns up for however long their circumstances allow. While I'm on this particular soapbox, if the club is concerned about it rather than just a few fans, perhaps Barber should liaise with B&H buses about Mill Rd P&R. If they can see there are enough in the queue, which generally snakes back to the Bennetts Field exit, then load two or three buses at the same time, shift them out, then get them back quicker. The bus guys who count the fans on say they CANNOT load more than one at a time. If we knew the second round would be back quicker, we could time our exit differently.

Absolutely spot on!

Its quite obvious none of the superfans on this thread who saunter out well after final whistle and still get back home before 6 use park n ride!

Me, I either get home in an hour 15 by leaving on 90 mins, or risk 3 hours (as per post Arsenal) if I clap players off.

So happy to be labelled a bad fan. After all I've only followed the Albion through thick and thin, season ticket for over 25 years and watched us play at over 100 grounds.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am never surprised by the Family Stand thinning out before the end, but the mass exodus from the North Stand IS shameful. It does not have to be like that and is more than a bit pathetic. We were within a couple of inches of 3-3 on Saturday and half the North Stand would have missed it...

Hardly anyone leaves early from WSU and it is a pity that fans in the more visible parts of the ground are not equally supportive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hardly anyone leaves early from WSU and it is a pity that fans in the more visible parts of the ground are not equally supportive.

From where I was sat in the family stand, it was apparent that significant numbers of west stand upper fans had left early as well. The forest game was the worst I can remember for fans leaving early at the Amex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I was in WSU and if you were you would have noticed a huge exodus after their 3rd goal, it really frightens me and I am seriously concerned about serious downturn of STH renewals next season.

Due to a larger fan base with a higher expectation the prices are getting too high and making people seriously think about their spare cash given wages stagnating.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
When there was a fire in the north stand a few weeks ago, worryingly, there wasn't a fire drill.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Ive had this discussion with mates of mine who have offered me a lift home after the game, but have said.. "we leave on 85 minutes to avoid the traffic"... My wife yesterday got quite irritated with me turning one of these lifts home down - in her words "why cant you just be flexible, and then you'll be home earlier to enable us to go out as arranged.."

It pisses me off, this attitude. If I suggested we left the theatre 5 minutes early she'd be aghast. Which is what I said in reply. What is the ****ing point in going to a game and leaving before you know the final result?? Needless to say, I did not accept the lift home, and pissed everybody off at home as a result, but my mate who offered me the lift missed the most exciting five minutes of the game, including Kayal's goal, Kayal's nearly equaliser etc...

singaporeseagull

Mar 21, 2013
First post ... back from Singapore permanently now, and been attending the games when I can. Not a season ticket holder. Was at the game yesterday.

Can we begrudge those 'fans' (as you put it) who make the effort to turn up in the first place? I'd rather see a full stadium (ish) than be in the situation of say, Bolton, who have 10,000+ empty seats each game. To have a top 3 attendance this season is fantastic given our position in the league - let's embrace the part time fans...judging by our recent financial results we could do with looking after them!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First post ... back from Singapore permanently now, and been attending the games when I can. Not a season ticket holder. Was at the game yesterday.

Can we begrudge those 'fans' (as you put it) who make the effort to turn up in the first place? I'd rather see a full stadium (ish) than be in the situation of say, Bolton, who have 10,000+ empty seats each game. To have a top 3 attendance this season is fantastic given our position in the league - let's embrace the part time fans...judging by our recent financial results we could do with looking after them!

Kind of agree with this. I don't care whether others leave early or not - I just won't do it myself because I might miss something. Like Saturday. The last 5 mins is what watching football is all about - high tension, a goal, almost and equaliser, a bit of desperation.........whether I get home at 5.45 or 6.30 makes no real difference 95% of the time. Each to his own though - but if you are going to leave, get out of the way.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have never really had an issue with people leaving early, its their prerogative and up to them. I will always stay until the end of the match and clap the team off, that's my choice, as much as leaving early is there's.

However, there is one group that really wind me up, no one else except these guys. They come into the stand 2-3 mins into the game without fail, then leave every match on 37 mins to go to the concourse, returning on average about 50-52 mins. They done this as normal yesterday and then left after the 2nd goal. Now that really is an absolute example of people that don't give a crap. To be honest, I really don't know why this group turn out to watch as they certainly don't support the team.

Rant over - feel better now

However.... they have given the club the money for their tickets, presumably for all the beer consumed that makes them leave early/arrive late at half time and leave you a spare seat to put your coat while you celebrate our late goal(s) - even making sure they are out of the way so your queue for train/bus/car park is easier. Perfect neighbours?

I understand why they p1ss you off, but ultimately, they are funding the club to a greater degree than those of us who just sit glued to our seats and not spending on the concourse. We do need people like this... just be better if they all sat together so they didn't disturb the rest of us with the constant up/down/up/down.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A family near me left after 7 minutes, nothing to do with the football though, something to do with one of the kids puking all over the guy in front! :moo:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I left after the 3rd goal, something I never normally do, but was just so fed up by that point. Thought the match was the worst in terms of quality for a long time (and that's saying something bearing in mind Hyypia's reign), was freezing cold and feeling particularly grumpy as a result, Found it a real struggle to watch, Then when the 3rd went in I'd had enough. So I was home by 5:15 and am now officially a bad fan.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Who'd have thought it? [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is a mate of [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION]

:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
it was a good bit of banter, didn't deaerve your comment.

I have no mates.

Sorry Husty that 'good bit of banter' went straight over my head, :shrug:
I think you and Hb & b are on a different wavelength than myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here