Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
4-4-2 please. Like we needed on Monday. Even without Dale. Don't mind which we bring on.
I'm already extremely bored by this five in midfield tactic. I was all for it away from home, and maybe still am, but it's really dull.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
No point in containment now, needs to be more eagerness pushing up, more runs behind defenders and much hungrier pressing.

Don’t think Spurs deserved that goal, but a very frustrating one to give away.

I can see this spurs side caving if Brighton start to pack on some pressure. There just needs to be the willingness to do so

Of course the deserved it (not how it came about though). We’ve spent a collective minute or two with the ball in the their half for Christ’s sake!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
CH, 9 times out of 10, simply sets out teams not to concede against 'better' opposition, with a 10 man defence. That is the THE game plan. When the opposition score, we're f*cked.

In overall terms, it works because we stayed up.

But there are so many games where Brighton aren't in it, making it a totally unenjoyable and pricey half day out.

Shirley football can give a better experience that that?

Unfortunately that is the premier league for a lot of clubs, I was more than happy when we went down due to exactly that

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We don’t look remotely like scoring.

A Spurs goal was coming regardless of whether it was a pen or not.

Btw I’m in the WSL with 4 Spurs fans right in front of me. How does this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] next time can you please start an alternate match day thread for the moaners?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We basically let them settle and gain confidence. We should have been sent out to utterly annihilate them from the start. Whip in cross after cross, get in their faces. Instead we said 'okay guys, you're under pressure and out of form, so we'll just sit back- you take as long as you want to get yourselves a bit of confidence.'.
Third time is three games we haven't been sent out with the proper mentality.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Just like against Southampton, we're sitting off of a team with low confidence who crumble under any pressure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’re playing at HOME to a team in the middle of a ‘mini crisis’, low on confidence and with their 3rd choice keeper and we haven’t had a shot?! Shocking performance, we’ve not even defended that well and could be 2/3 down if it wasn’t for Matty and them being wasteful.

Why haven’t we learnt lessons from the last 2 games?

Spurs have not allowed us to play and they have better players than us. It really is that simple imo. Disappointing but no complaints from me, unlike the Saints game where we were shit in the first half against a shit team.

Losing Stephens was a massive blow imo

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
People were unrealistically confident about this one.
There's not a single Brighton player who would get in Spurs first team (except Ryan, today). They're far better than us.
But we're still in it. Like last year.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Its a hard watch but I understand why we play the way we do ... we cant go toe to toe against top 6 teams or we will get a hammering ... so its fine to give the opposition possession up to the half way line and then wait to win it back ... but the problem is when we do win it back we cant do anything with it most of the time but for a couple of times Knocky got away but then he had no support
As for the penalty , well I dont think it was a free kick in the first place BUT what the heck was Murray doing with his arm where it was , sadly he has look off his game with poor touch and not getting any joy holding it up either

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Don't agree that we are not good enough. We turned over United. Several players just not playing with passion and energy.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We basically let them settle and gain confidence. We should have been sent out to utterly annihilate them from the start. Whip in cross after cross, get in their faces. Instead we said 'okay guys, you're under pressure and out of form, so we'll just sit back- you take as long as you want to get yourselves a bit of confidence.'.
Third time is three games we haven't been sent out with the proper mentality.

We did that when United were in similar circumstances and it worked perfectly. I don't see why this Spurs side are any different.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Shame but can’t say a goal wasn’t coming somehow. We haven’t been allowed to play at all. Damage limitation now or go for it and risk a thumping?

We have to come out now, like Southampton. If we are seen as pushovers at home to anyone it will be a very long season....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree that we are not good enough. We turned over United. Several players just not playing with passion and energy.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

United let us play Tottenham haven’t, that’s the difference imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here