Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes Friendly (03.08.18)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Yes, true. Shame the commentary was two minutes behind Nantes FC's live pictures though!

Two things I learned from watching the stream tonight:
1). The new kit is shite - from the back it looks almost like plain white, a la Leeds;
2). Te new kit is shite - from the front it looks like a slightly bluer version of the kit that saw WBA relegated last season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Nice to be back watching football . However what an anti climax after the excitement of new signings apart from 15mins only see one

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yes, true. Shame the commentary was two minutes behind Nantes FC's live pictures though!

Trying to be a bit clever here, but do any of you savvy computer guys know any downloads that would enable one to put a delay on a web site of up to say 3 minutes?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
March was mostly ineffective going forward, a passenger,... seems to have stood still in terms if development in the last 18 months. Stephens was busy, Knocky dynamic, Bruno aware and composed.

New guys look decent, love to have seen more minutes from them than 15, the LB looks pacey.

Strange selection and subs strategy, but hey, CH generally knows his onions.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Allegedly and apparently a great view on ArenaSport4 (Cro) last night

nN.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice to be back watching football . However what an anti climax after the excitement of new signings apart from 15mins only see one

I thought that but as it was the last pre season friendly I guess CH is backing the players who kept us up last year, apart from Bernardo who looked pretty classy. I think it’s good man management to give the first team from last year the opportunity to keep their places.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strange that, I watched on the Nantes you tube feed and the ESU and the South were empty

Just over 11k there but the atmosphere was pretty good. (I may have been whooshed here :wink:) Love to know the possession stats as it seemed to me that Nantes had more of the ball. They certainly gave us a good workout, closing us down very quickly and looked a threat when they broke, They also scored a good goal and we got away with it in the first half at 0-0 when Ryan got a hand to a ball that came back off the post, great save.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Enjoyed the game last night, was good to be back. Favourite moment has to be Bissouma brilliantly controlling a high ball with his chest in midfield & then beating three players with a driving run before being fouled.
Looks a very promising player, strong, agile, great technique with an ambition to get forward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, that was great, but it was a shame he didn't seem to do much after. Between that and the keepy-uppy video, I have a feeling he'll turn out to be our best player (and first target for the vultures next summer).

AJ *almost* had a storming run down the wing, except Stephens(?) passed it behind him - he didn't look too happy about that.

March was awful, awful, awful. We need José starting against Watford.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Whilst extremely likely, 1) Not 100% certain
2) Still unclear whether indeed he is, Billy No Mates irrespective of his role.

He was very good at retrieving the fall for the keepers in both halves, so Billy no mates got his exercise in, and should have asked for a refund on his ticket.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Two things I learned from watching the stream tonight:
1). The new kit is shite - from the back it looks almost like plain white, a la Leeds;
2). Te new kit is shite - from the front it looks like a slightly bluer version of the kit that saw WBA relegated last season.

1. You've remembered 2) wrong. Last season's WBA home kit had a plain navy blue back and normal width navy and white stripes on the front, so you can step back from the edge on that one.
2. Unfortunately the away kit is almost exactly the same as the WBA away kit that they wore when relegated last season, including at the Amex. So you can worry after all.
3. Can a kit see?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here