Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Does seem a bit like they're jumping to conclusions on who we are targeting.

Also reported in there today is us 'eyeing a move' for Senegal striker Moussa Konate from FC Sion (Swizz league)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mooy would be an excellent signing and step straight into the team, but citeh want him back and will use him more.

Oh btw, for the person who said no experience...he is an ever present in the Australian team and has been man of the match in his recent games. He is class and that is why citeh want him back

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Mooy would be an excellent signing and step straight into the team, but citeh want him back and will use him more.

Oh btw, for the person who said no experience...he is an ever present in the Australian team and has been man of the match in his recent games. He is class and that is why citeh want him back

great post until you mentioned the Australian team ........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
great post until you mentioned the Australian team ........

Whatever the team, it is still international football and they have some very good footballers scattered around the European leagues.

Fair point though.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If the price was right and available, then you'd take him in a heartbeat. Seriously, the lad is quality. Him and Stephens together would be formidable. Gross is able to play in front of a midfield 2, so could see that being a real option, as well as then Kayal, Baldock etc.

Those saying we don't need anymore players in central midfield - I seem to remember exactly the same thing said about centre halves last summer! If you can bring in someone who can improve the squad and they are available, you bring them in.

Stop making sense

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not so sure. Think Norwood would be good in a 5 man midfield which is more likely next season. Can really spot a pass but can be too risky in 4 man midfield.

Can't tackle though and generally doesn't have enough quality for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm not so sure. Think Norwood would be good in a 5 man midfield which is more likely next season. Can really spot a pass but can be too risky in 4 man midfield.
True enough, could be one of those players who surprises us at a higher level having not made a huge impression thus far.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think we must have been linked to an entire new XI already and it's not even June yet!

Mooy would be an excellent signing if it did happen. Incredible vision. Can imagine him sitting in alongside Stephens with Gross ahead of them. If Huddersfield beat Reading you'd have to suspect he'll end up there again though.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can't tackle though and generally doesn't have enough quality for me.

That's kind of my point though. In a four man midfield he is not versatile enough and can't do the tough stuff but with three CM's he could have the licence to dictate the forward play without having to contribute too much defensively

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If the price was right and available, then you'd take him in a heartbeat. Seriously, the lad is quality. Him and Stephens together would be formidable. Gross is able to play in front of a midfield 2, so could see that being a real option, as well as then Kayal, Baldock etc.

Those saying we don't need anymore players in central midfield - I seem to remember exactly the same thing said about centre halves last summer! If you can bring in someone who can improve the squad and they are available, you bring them in.

This, he is a good player.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If we managed to secure Tomori , Mooy and Abraham, along with Gross I would be happy with that being and end to transfer activity............................plus a goalkeeper if Stoko doesn't want to stay.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's kind of my point though. In a four man midfield he is not versatile enough and can't do the tough stuff but with three CM's he could have the licence to dictate the forward play without having to contribute too much defensively

I do understand what you are saying because I've said the same post Huddersfield, but everything has changed now and we need to improve and will need to get results, by sheer effort and desire alone, in addition to ability.

It's the effort and tenacity that trips Norwood up.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
At least let us play our final eh lads...

If we do get up then we will do everything within our power to sign him permanent. He is fundamental to how we play, dictating the pace of games and providing us with control. By a long way the best midfielder we've ever seen at the McAlpine (and since you've mentioned them we've had both Norwood and Clayton in recent years)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here