Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
How about the Orient v Brighton match (Russell Slade's first ever game) for a whole host of one-game players.

Gary Borrowdale? Andersen in goal? Did Matt Heath play many games?

2581g69.jpg

*shudder*

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Jck dineen who i think got one sherpa van trophy game. John westcott got a few games

But ultimate would be paul holsgrove who we signed on a free and then sold for 115k a few weeks later having played one friendly at Stafford

Ooh also what about stafford browne

D

Deleted User X18H

Someone called Ali. An away game 2001 around March. Never saw him again.

Phil Hadland.

D

Deleted User X18H

Jck dineen who i think got one sherpa van trophy game. John westcott got a few games

But ultimate would be paul holsgrove who we signed on a free and then sold for 115k a few weeks later having played one friendly at Stafford

Ooh also what about stafford browne

Jack Dineen never played a single competitive game for the Albion. The game you're thinking of he just warmed the bench.

Played twice for Scarborough in Div 3. I'll show him this he'll love it.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
12 games - one goal

According to Tim Carder's book, 15 appearances and 2 goals.
Must be combined with cup.

To me he always looked like Wendall from The Simpsons
Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-00-07.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
James Virgo: and he scored!
Current Bristol City manager: Lee Johnson. Who also scored (though, I think, only in a penalty shootout)
Geoff Pitcher: one game, one penalty, goodbye.

Don't score on your debut.

I saw Pitcher play for us several times.

Wiki says 10 games for us . . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who was the guy Micky Adams signed, played one game, Barnet away, and then we never saw him again. Something to do with his visa?

I was really impressed with Emeka Ifejiagwa when he played at P'filled. An exciting signing. Then he got deported :wozza:

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
haven't read the whole thread

but will mention John Phillips (goalkeeper)

better known for playing at Chelsea

he did play one game for us on loan

against palace at the goldstone of all matches

sadly he passed away only a few weeks ago

Gutted - I had read right through the thread and this was the only person I was certain to add to it. . . you beat me to it - the reverse fixture to the one on your tag I think. He was a really good keeper as well although let in 2 that day. . . fortunately we scored 3.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Mahoney-Johnson at home (at Priestfield). The dubious honour of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a "professional", in the worst football match I've ever, or will ever see, 0-0 against Doncaster. 23rd vs 24th in the bottom tier, neither side registered a SHOT. Not shot on target - a SHOT.

Crap. I was there. I even have a sad photo of the away corner which, although tiny, was so sparsely populated you could count them all. It was a Fans United game, too, wasn't it? That was probably the epicentre of our low point, performance wise.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Someone called Ali. An away game 2001 around March. Never saw him again.

Are you talking about Chris Allen, the former Oxford United and Nottingham Forest winger? Micky Adams took him on trial in the spring of 2001; he had recently been playing at Slough. He had an ankle injury but Adams was willing to let him prove his fitness. He sat among the substitutes during the game at Brisbane Road in March 2001 but he was never named on a teamsheet and I'm not sure he was ever signed to a contract.

There was also a lad called Cherif Diallo who was a non-playing sub at Blackpool in September 2000.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Mahoney-Johnson at home (at Priestfield). The dubious honour of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a "professional", in the worst football match I've ever, or will ever see, 0-0 against Doncaster. 23rd vs 24th in the bottom tier, neither side registered a SHOT. Not shot on target - a SHOT.

Oh yes, he really was crap. He thought he was some kind of Johnny Big-Bollox as well, too good to play for us etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here