Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
BLUE shorts or WHITE shorts?

Blue is traditional for me - but I'd be happy with white :)

I won't be wearing the shorts with the shirt anyway, so it doesn't really bother me.

;-)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I think the shade of blue is the same on the arms, it's just that it's diluted and therefore appears lighter than the blue elsewhere to to fine white pinstripes.

Er.....no.

Edit....er maybe!

Edit edit...er probably! Sleeves are still shit tho.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Don't you start, Dingo. I've already got Sussex Nomates screaming for a policeman.

You totally asked for it. :lolol:

Dingodan, keeping your spelling concise.

:moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's an improvement. I don't like the 2 tone blue on the back and sleeves. They should have gone with one or the other. But avoiding the sick on sponsor is an improvement.

To be fair I've never been sick on a sponsor, in fact I never even meet them. I would be sick on them for a bet. But I think a few are being a tad fussy on the kit. It looks nice, it has a blue back with stripes and it is acceptable to the eye, shirley?

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
It's an improvement. I don't like the 2 tone blue on the back and sleeves. They should have gone with one or the other. But avoiding the sick on sponsor is an improvement.

Pretty sure it's all one blue, just that the way the sleeves and shoulders are so fine blue/white stripes, it gives the appearance of a solid lighter blue. Know what you mean though.

I like it overall, wonder if the non-iron on amex sticker was due to the club taking criticism and negotiating with Nike or if it's all just down to the premier league teams getting more attention.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I like it if the shorts are the same blue used on the sleeves. In fact, I probably like it anyway. Now, onto the purple away kit... :)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Err....yes. Same blue, but with white stripes close together, making it look pale. Same as our 199(1?) "pink" kit, which was actually very thin red and white stripes that just looked like pink from a distance.

You're quite right good sir & I edited my post accordingly before you replied.
Please accept my hearfelt apologies for questioning the validity of the post; I shall endeavour to be more circumspect in the future.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure it's all one blue, just that the way the sleeves and shoulders are so fine blue/white stripes, it gives the appearance of a solid lighter blue. Know what you mean though.

I like it overall, wonder if the non-iron on amex sticker was due to the club taking criticism and negotiating with Nike or if it's all just down to the premier league teams getting more attention.

The shirt design was sorted before we knew which division we would be in next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here