Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If Duffy was fit for Tuesday it would be a hard call for Hughton. (I know he's not fit btw)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Duffy was fit for Tuesday it would be a hard call for Hughton. (I know he's not fit btw)

CH would probably keep Uwe in.......he tends to let those playing well keep the shirt. Duffy will be ready just in time to cover Dunk's almost-inevitable suspension for the final run-in [emoji106]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was brilliant yesterday from start to finish... great with head and feet... brave, driven, committed.. the sponsors choice of MotM must have been booze fuelled... Uwe defo MotM...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't see Duffy playing again this season (still on crutches yesterday) so Uwe's performances have been a much needed boost

WA said he was hardly using them.....if The German carries on with his current level of performances then I'd say that would be the reason why Duffy won't get his place back....but then Dunk might get suspended?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can't see Duffy playing again this season (still on crutches yesterday) so Uwe's performances have been a much needed boost

Crutches can be used right up until the point he can begin training again just as a precaution, would hope he'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With the current trend of three centre halves and wing backs at some stage I can see Dunk, Duffy and Uwe starting together.

Dunk and Uwe are equally comfortable on the ball which is great as they knock the ball around a bit quicker than Duffy does.

A great selection dilemma for CH.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We are lucky enough to have four great central defenders at the club. Uwe has really stepped up to the mark in Duffy's absense. Really pleased for him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With the current trend of three centre halves and wing backs at some stage I can see Dunk, Duffy and Uwe starting together.

Dunk and Uwe are equally comfortable on the ball which is great as they knock the ball around a bit quicker than Duffy does.

Yep, this is what I am thinking and it can't be done overnight. You need the right players to do this and work hard on the system. I don't think we have even had 3 CB's fit this season to even think about it being an option. In the future though, with all fit, I could easily see a back 3 potential with Duffy in the Middle of Dunk and Uwe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Now you see I mentioned that a little while ago, in the hope for getting enough ridicule to allow the thought to pass me by.
Sadly I didn't, so the itch is still there.

Assuming next season the Albion find themselves in a division playing teams 'considerably better than us', I can see the team needing a 5 man defence.

My itch was not to play 3 centre backs, but drop a resigned Stephens back 5 yards, to in between the pairing of choice.

I quite probably wrote that between Derby & Leeds, as I was more than a little surprised to see that was just a couple of feet away from how we played.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Now you see I mentioned that a little while ago, in the hope for getting enough ridicule to allow the thought to pass me by.
Sadly I didn't, so the itch is still there.

Assuming next season the Albion find themselves in a division playing teams 'considerably better than us', I can see the team needing a 5 man defence.

My itch was not to play 3 centre backs, but drop a resigned Stephens back 5 yards, to in between the pairing of choice.

I quite probably wrote that between Derby & Leeds, as I was more than a little surprised to see that was just a couple of feet away from how we played.

Hmmm, if indeed we are to be playing teams 'considerably better than us next season, (and I very much hope that we will be), I would rather play that extra man in midfield than defence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm, if indeed we are to be playing teams 'considerably better than us next season, (and I very much hope that we will be), I would rather play that extra man in midfield than defence.
That was kind of my thinking for using DS, as he's much better suited to step forward in midfield as the game develops around the team. But seems quite well suited to be a ball playing centre back.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I don't really understand why people are surprised at how good Uwe is. I follow a bit of german footy....and you don't get in Dortmunds first 11 if you're shite. Albeit a handful of times. And we paid £3m for him. He's quality.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk misses out on MoM for stupidly deciding to take two long range free kicks, one in each half, which he fired straight down the goalie's throat. Why would he suddenly be on free kick duty?? "I'm captain so I'm taking the kick" seemed to be the reason. Wrong ... twice.

don't think it was that , probably has done it ok in training and was instructed to take them that way. he needs to hit them harder. If it were his decision then I think Hughton would have told him off at half time after the first one. IF he can get it correct it will be a good weapon .

Stumpy Tim

don't think it was that , probably has done it ok in training and was instructed to take them that way. he needs to hit them harder. If it were his decision then I think Hughton would have told him off at half time after the first one. IF he can get it correct it will be a good weapon .
I wonder if the coaching staff had highlighted the keeper has a weakness against a ball that bounces just in front of him. The aim seemed to be to do that and we don't do change things for no reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel dirty for even writing this, against my PotS Duffy.

Even though I'm struggling to remember Dunk's demeanour v Leeds, I can't place him having one if his ragged games.

On Saturday I thought LD was calm to the point of comatosed.
Maybe that's all the bookings finally taking effect (although I'd be worried if it's taken till April, for him to work it out).
Perhaps he just wasn't challenged by Blackburn.

But I do wonder if Uwe is more of a calming influence?

We all want Shane standing next to us in the trenches, but I'll be watching in future wondering if Shane's the naughty boy that get Lewis into trouble. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here