Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref: Paul Tierney

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
To me, it was an absolutely justified yellow. Murphy beat him for pace and cut inside him. If Ayling had wanted to avoid fouling him, he could have. He was never going to catch him so he made sure that he took him down.

If you don't give yellow cards for fouls like that, full backs will kick wingers out of the game.

Eh? I meant the trip on Murray on the half way line the assistant gave. Jansson.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Eh? I meant the trip on Murray on the half way line the assistant gave. Jansson.

Oh...Ok. Can't comment on that. I saw Murray on the deck, but didn't see what happened to him. When Jannson was booked I had no idea what had happened, and my son tells me that TV missed it too.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
There were a couple of soft bookings. Murray's & aylings but viera should've been booked twice

I was right in line with the Ayling foul and he was totally skinned for pace and it wasn't a mistimed tackle or similar: it was a professional foul. I thought the ref was decent. The only way Leeds could have won this game was if the ref had turned up wearing their kit. Understand the Leeds fans having a go - it's easier to blame the ref when their team didn't really turn up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the ref was slightly soft on them and he could have dished out another couple of yellows.

I think he reached the "I can't give them any more" point so just stopped.

Where I am, should have been 9 and could easily have been 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I thought the ref was slightly soft on them and he could have dished out another couple of yellows.

I think he reached the "I can't give them any more" point so just stopped.

Agreed, at one stage in the 2nd Half he was letting them get away with assaults while pulling us up for anything. There was also the occasion where we were attacking on the break and one of our players was scythed down, the ref waved play on as we had the advantage. I was waiting for the booking when the move broke down and I'm still waiting now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We were the better team, they had no shots on target. We won, we move on up t' north, up t' whippet and flat cap country, where hopefully it will again be no shots on target for them.......and we win again :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, the main trust of that article is saying that Leeds came up against a class outfit, and just weren't good enough. The moans about the referee were only a part of it - and as someone said on here earlier, the losing side always moans about the referee anyway - it's the rules, innit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To me, it was an absolutely justified yellow. Murphy beat him for pace and cut inside him. If Ayling had wanted to avoid fouling him, he could have. He was never going to catch him so he made sure that he took him down.

If you don't give yellow cards for fouls like that, full backs will kick wingers out of the game.

This is exactly right. Was bang in front of where I sit, clear yellow. Ayling was gash throughout the first half, I wanted Murphy to run at him more because he easily had the beating of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here