Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Isn't that the same thing though? You say no until an offer is high enough, and then you say yes. We could of course have gone further, and said 'no, and even if you double it, still no' I suppose.

I dunno but I assume there is a way of saying no, not at any price to you Palace...

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I guess quite simply that they could not afford Dunk. If Tomkins was £10m then Dunk must be at least £15m!

I tend to avoid this sort of willie waving thread on here but are you honestly suggesting that a 24 year old footballer who has never played in the premier league is worth half as much again as a 27 year old with over 200 premier league games under his belt?

I mean really?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I tend to avoid this sort of willie waving thread on here but are you honestly suggesting that a 24 year old footballer who has never played in the premier league is worth half as much again as a 27 year old with over 200 premier league games under his belt?

I mean really?

Gareth Bale was playing Championship football for Southampton when Tottenham paid £5 million with add-ons rising to £10 million in 2007. Gareth Bale at that time had never played Premier League football. This was before the stupid money was bandied about as is the case this season.

A players value is judged on how good he is not whether he has played in the Premier League.

I am fully aware...because you have told us so many times....that Brighton and Hove Albion are only still in existence because you once went on a walk. Thank you so much....now please just f**k off back to your Croydon shithole.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Gareth Bale was playing Championship football for Southampton when Tottenham paid £5 million with add-ons rising to £10 million in 2007. Gareth Bale at that time had never played Premier League football. This was before the stupid money was bandied about as is the case this season.

A players value is judged on how good he is not whether he has played in the Premier League.

I am fully aware...because you have told us so many times....that Brighton and Hove Albion are only still in existence because you once went on a walk. Thank you so much....now please just f**k off back to your Croydon shithole.

Did you choose your NSC name of cjd as a result of you suffering from Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease?

Only you do seem to post on here like some mad cow. :)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bring it back on topic!

Has there been any real interest, derisory or otherwise, from Palace for Dunk?

Yesterday's Argus article about the young full back, says we turned down a bid of £5M for Dunk from Palace.

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I mean really?

Yes, as that is how the transfer market works, they look at resale value and obviously Dunk has more potential regarding resale than a 27 year 4th choice defender. I know you don't think anything Brighton is good, but can assure you that Dunk is potentially a very good player that could be worth a lot more in a few years, always a bit of a gamble though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Yes, as that is how the transfer market works, they look at resale value and obviously Dunk has more potential regarding resale than a 27 year 4th choice defender. I know you don't think anything Brighton is good, but can assure you that Dunk is potentially a very good player that could be worth a lot more in a few years, always a bit of a gamble though.

You must be confusing me with someone else on here as I've never suggested anything of the sort.???

Yoda

English & European
Yesterday's Argus article about the young full back, says we turned down a bid of £5M for Dunk from Palace.

Make's you laugh doesn't it. We turned that down last season from Fulham BEFORE he signed a new contract. :lolol:

Got a lot more to go to get near an offer we'd accept.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Anyway the simple answer is that we don't need to sell....Being in that position and being the owner of the club and a life long Albion fan....Would you sell to Palace?? No chance!!

The Yankee Brigade at Palace might not understand the meaning of an owner being a true fan!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A West Ham sauce tells me that they were looking to offload Tomkins, who was fourth choice behind Ogbonna, Reid and Collins, to make room for young players such as Reece Oxford coming through. They were thinking of a price in the region of about £4 million - but then Palace offered £10m ...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We've just signed a French International goalkeeper that many consider to be not far off the quality of Lloris, a capable centre back in Tomkins and an England international winger in Townsend. If we also get Benteke, which it looks like, then why on earth would you believe we are not capable of a top 10 finish? We finished 10th in the 2014/15 with a weaker squad to the one we have now.

You have answered your own question by referring to the 2014/15 season rather than last season. Last season you strengthened your team with Yohan Cabaye, Patrick Bamford, Alex McCarthy, Connor Wickham, Emmanuel Adebayor and Bakary Sako (at a cost of a few million) and you where all confidently looking for cheap European flights for this years challenge on the Champions league, instead of which, you spent 3 months in a relegation scrap. Pardew is a master in getting expensive signings and turning them into flops, ask any Newcastle fan. So I am still hopeful that Pardew keeps his form and has you in another relegation fight no matter who he signs..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Did you choose your NSC name of cjd as a result of you suffering from Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease?

Oh brilliant...what a wonderful 'Putdown'.

Whatever next.....insults to who may or may not suffer from Muscular Dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, Downs syndrome etc etc etc......and if none of those work, how about Cancer....always worth a cheap shot.

You,re not good at 'putdowns'....you are a pathetic Crystal Palace poster.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Palace are hell-bent on bankrupting themselves, again, by spending silly money on average players.

How is the redevelopment of Selhurst Park going?

Meanwhile, Albion, with modern facilities, continue to build sustainably, even if doing so means enduring (or enjoying, if one takes the longer view) a few seasons of frustration.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Palace are hell-bent on bankrupting themselves, again, by spending silly money on average players.

How is the redevelopment of Selhurst Park going?

Meanwhile, Albion, with modern facilities, continue to build sustainably, even if doing so means enduring (or enjoying, if one takes the longer view) a few seasons of frustration.

Build sustainably? :clap2:

Lets call your losses £10m a year, Although it has been more than that some seasons. That's £27,000 a day! :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here