Votes: 91 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 30.0%

• Total voters

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Leicester were layable yesterday at 3.45 (now 3.6).

At 3.45, he could have laid the £1300 that he obviously needs, thus exposing himself to £3185 if Leicester do win the league.

That means that if Leicester win the league, his net winnings would have been £5000 - £3185 = £1,815
And if Leicester don't win the league, he'd win the £1300 laid on Betfair.

On the other hand, if he cashes out the £1300 on his original bet, he doesn't benefit any further if Leicester do win the league.

I'm rather late responding to this as only just seen this bumped thread, but isn't there an issue with what you suggest because the bloke would need the £3,185 in his account now to cover the lay bet? So it might be a good suggestion for someone who has deep pockets, it probably wouldn't work in this specific situation?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a strange time to cash out. 5 points clear and a lot of others bottling.

Agree mate - that figure doesn't seem that high for the bet either. I'd have probably laid / backed Spurs & Arsenal with a decent wedge rather than cash out too - sure it would work out more :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So you would turn down £72,000.

£250k if it wins though. I'd have prob either cashed out a few weeks ago or if I'd not I wouldn't cash out for £72k tbh. Prob lay it with £20k or so (if I could borrow it which I'm sure I could...)

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
If I could win £250,000 at season's end, from 5 points clear I might have hung on a little longer.

Not for me. If I had the effectively £72,000 I wouldn't put it on Leicester to win the league with a chance of 250k, I'd keep the 72k and move pn

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their next two games are home to Newcastle and away to Palace.....Might have waited a little longer....
This year Leicester haven't looked great against the bottom clubs, even Villa took a point of them..

The problem with 'bankers' like Newcastle or palace is if they drop points there that £72k has gone too.

Like [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] I'd have probably cashed out a while ago.
If I wasn't taking the £72k I'd be 'in it to win it'.

My point being £72k is a fook load of money to just turn down.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
So you would turn down £72,000.

I'd have cashed out after their loss to Arsenal I imagine. If I was still in play now I certainly wouldn't be cashing out for £72k when in line for £250k. The reason cash out exists is that it provides the bookies a chance to cut their liabilities. 5 points clear and an easier run in than the others should be worth £125k easily.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to The Metro this morning, it would have been £91k if he'd waited until after the Watford game.
What a bottler :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here