Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why are they showing yesterday's leg of the Tour Britain and not the live race today until 13.30? or am I looking at the wrong channel !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I caught them on Bear Road and it was broken up completely. Vermote had a comfortable lead at the foot of the climb, with Van Baarle and Konovalavos chasing hard. Then it was another pair ahead of the Wiggins group. Dowsett was dropped and looked in real trouble. No one with him and forced to take the front of the group he was with - I assume Izaguirre was told to drop him, or had anyway?

Looking forward to seeing where it broke up. Kittel looked to be enjoying a gentle spin as if he was out on a club ride!

10394820_10152754632719052_8936466018741525928_n.jpg

10649663_10152754632724052_3917680966846082440_n.jpg

15264_10152754632714052_6911013474112625851_n.jpg

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Think I've twigged why I struggled a bit yesterday. Too tired. Insomnia has featured of late. No real idea why. Gets a bit poxy watching the clock in the small hours. Has to take its toll when riding.

Yesterday I decided to try some proper lean forward stuff along a bypass and then a descent. Was not expecting upper arm pain behind the elbows. Not sure the pb by 12s was worth it either. There was a Land Rover behind me at the top of the descent, but it never passed me. Daft that I did not know where it was on a descent I'd never done before. Garmin site says 46mph, Strava 54mph, so I'll take the average.

Last 15 miles were powerless pedal turning. Was gonna go out today, but binned that idea.
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], I think you cycled past me on Madeira yesterday. Didn't recognise you, but looked back and saw 'Morvello' on the back of a black shirt and then had a 'aha' realisation. As much as I love ya mate, I wasn't gonna risk an Alan Partridge 'Dan' moment. No geek caps on display from what I could see either.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Think I've twigged why I struggled a bit yesterday. Too tired. Insomnia has featured of late. No real idea why. Gets a bit poxy watching the clock in the small hours. Has to take its toll when riding.

Yesterday I decided to try some proper lean forward stuff along a bypass and then a descent. Was not expecting upper arm pain behind the elbows. Not sure the pb by 12s was worth it either. There was a Land Rover behind me at the top of the descent, but it never passed me. Daft that I did not know where it was on a descent I'd never done before. Garmin site says 46mph, Strava 54mph, so I'll take the average.

Last 15 miles were powerless pedal turning. Was gonna go out today, but binned that idea.

[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], I think you cycled past me on Madeira yesterday. Didn't recognise you, but looked back and saw 'Morvello' on the back of a black shirt and then had a 'aha' realisation. As much as I love ya mate, I wasn't gonna risk an Alan Partridge 'Dan' moment. No geek caps on display from what I could see either.

That was probably me, Moto! I was at the 100m post, and looking at your picture, you weren't far away. If I could work out how to put pics from my phone onto NSC I'd do so.

Too hot for caps!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
If anyone is after a road bike then Planet X seem to have a bit of a bargain at the moment. Full Carbon with the new SRAM Rival 11 speed groupset for £799: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPRIV22/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Weirdly they have a 10 speed Rival version on the site for £999 (and the Ultegra 6800 version is £1199).

Stat, you'll be glad to hear I did by the BMC TM02 TT bike! Unfortunately I'm having a bit of a nightmare with the integrated rear brake, the previous owner had obviously messed around with it so I've had to order couple of specific BMC parts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you cut out that Triangle of Doom?

I'm sure it's a lovely bike and you'll have many a happy mile on it.

Where can I get a tapeworm from?

For the last 5 days I've been eating like Henry VIII at one of his divorce parties.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's this doing way down on the second page!?

I think I'm going to get this. Seems RIDICULOUSLY good value.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPRIV22/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Also, still can't decide whether to get Large of X-large. Can someone help (or make my decision for me :p)

Tough one! My Bianchi is a 56cm, but at 6' it's perfect for me although a sizing guide would probably suggest the 58 or even 60cm frames. At 6' I'd go for the large in this Planet X bike, but if I was straddling the sizes, I'd be included to go for the smaller option rather than larger - unless you've got particularly long proportioned legs. E.g. if I was 5'11'' I'd probably still go for the medium, and likewise if I was 6'2" I'd go with the L rather than jump up to the XL.

I think (and I've probably read this somewhere too) that it is easier to make a smaller bike bigger through adjustments etc. than make a bigger bike smaller - if you catch my drift. Hence I'd go with the smaller size if I was on the cusp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here