Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That team in 8th place in the Premier League

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
And if Brighton had beaten Arsenal, we would be above them.

It would have been Arsenal 16 points, Brighton 18 points

I think there may be a few upsets and unexpected results before the end of the season, still some way to go.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oops, I did mean Watford and Everton, busy day.
Peppered Watford, did everything but score and we know what happened at Everton, blue shirt confusion !

But the thing is, without saves from Maty Ryan and Cross Bar, we may well have ended up with one point instead of six from Everton and Swansea :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They reckon the premier league is split three ways: usual lot at the top, average sides in the middle and the dog fight at the bottom. To be second in the middle tier at this stage is just amazing. We have a difficult period coming up. If we are in the top half in the new year, with how the top league is now in world football, it will be the greatest achievement our club would have ever had.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But the thing is, without saves from Maty Ryan and Cross Bar, we may well have ended up with one point instead of six from Everton and Swansea :shrug:

Matt Ryan and the crossbar aren't going anywhere though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They told us that they didn't have any forwards, so how is it possible to be that high up in the League?

I think that they've been practicing witchcraft or paying the opposition.

Teams like that shouldn't be in the Premier League anyway, along with the 7th and 10th placed teams as well.

No, it's all a dream and you'll wake up soon to find out that Hereford Utd won the Premier League last season and that BHAFC are mid-table in the Isthmian League.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

........ but that is what Goalkeepers are for.

Anyway, he's not tall enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They spent over 100M on shit. I wouldn't say Burnley's squad is much worse off.
But the squad is temporary. In time that will be improved.

He has the backing of the fans there, even through potential (though very unlikely) relegation.
So? He's gone as far as he can with them.

If anything he has proved he deserves a better job than Everton, but none of them will give him it.
Which means he needs to take something like the Everton job as a stepping stone.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I hope we stay under the radar until we have 42 points and the with about 6/8 games still to play we bring in the youngsters.

Each place in the PL is worth an extra £1.2m. With that in mind I doubt the club will consider many games as dead rubbers!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Despite all the international imports playing in the best league in the world, there are three strikers at the team in 7th place that seem strangely familiar. Must have been in a dream that I had way back, of us gracing the Premier League, when we played under a glass ceiling. That full back also looks a bit familiar, although could just be the name (my Lord), although I do understand that he owns a Pritchard Sat-Nav!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Daylight appearing between 7th and the rest, 5 points.
Dyche using it as a lever to get a pay rise at Burnley I expect and won't go anywhere.

Dyche does not need a "lever" to ask for a pay rise - the Burnley board would probably match any wage Everton are willing to offer (it is thought Koeman was on £6 million a year - Dyche is currently on £2.5 million). Dyche has had 3 pay rises in the last 12 months and is AGAIN on course to pick up another big "staying up" bonus at the end of the season.

If Dyche leaves, I don't think money will be the priority but AMBITION to manage a "bigger, more glamorous" club.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Each place in the PL is worth an extra £1.2m. With that in mind I doubt the club will consider many games as dead rubbers!

Several clubs did last season - Watford, West Brom and Burnley among them. In PL terms, £1.2 million is peanuts and mid-table teams are "on the beach" once safety is assured.

Leicester stayed up in 2014/15 - largely due to them playing teams with "not much to play for" in their last 7/8 games.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Everton are a massive football club, much bigger, with all due respect, that. Burnley.

If Dyche does has aspirations of managing England, and why wouldn't he, then a good two or three year at Everton would be a good stepping stone.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Dyche does not need a "lever" to ask for a pay rise - the Burnley board would probably match any wage Everton are willing to offer (it is thought Koeman was on £6 million a year - Dyche is currently on £2.5 million). Dyche has had 3 pay rises in the last 12 months and is AGAIN on course to pick up another big "staying up" bonus at the end of the season.

If Dyche leaves, I don't think money will be the priority but AMBITION to manage a "bigger, more glamorous" club.

In my opinion, he would be a fool to leave Burnley. It seems to be a well run club with good owners that trust him and fans that love what he has done. The same reason why we think the same applies to CH. I think he will stay with you, but who knows.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
In my opinion, he would be a fool to leave Burnley. It seems to be a well run club with good owners that trust him and fans that love what he has done. The same reason why we think the same applies to CH. I think he will stay with you, but who knows.

Remember it is still a career move though and like players, mangers and coaches may also want to go to 'bigger' clubs.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Everton are a massive football club, much bigger, with all due respect, that. Burnley.

If Dyche does has aspirations of managing England, and why wouldn't he, then a good two or three year at Everton would be a good stepping stone.

Quite. This is the biggest job Dyche will ever be offered, he’d be mad not to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here