Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Ref

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I felt a couple of cynical challenges from Derby players should have been punished with a booking and Bruno should have probably got one too!

According to the Argus, Bruno was booked in the 59th minute (although it's something I missed). Thought that overall he was excellent - he should have booked Bryson but apart from that, was n top of his ga,e

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think of it as a complaint, but a comment. What would issuing yellows have achieved ? I thought he controlled/disciplined the game well enough without the need to be card happy. More of the same please and football would be a better viewing experience all round.
It would have achieved Derby players not chopping our players down when we were on the counter at will. As it turned out last night it didn't matter but if Derby nicked a goal out of nowhere at 2-0 the yellow cards may have been much more relevant

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
I was told pre-match that he was the referee who was meant to officiate the cancelled (due to fog) Cardiff game, I was impressed by him that night and his willingness to be interviewed on television, explaining his decision in a very professional way, most of them seem to avoid having to explain themselves. I was also impressed by his on-pitch performance last night, if only they could all be so 'invisible'.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Thought he was a bit bollockless imo. There was no protection for Kayal all game

Yes I mentioned this on the match day thread. I was staggered to see at the end of the game that there were no cards handed out for the numerous attacks on Kayal. Having said that, I thought the ref was generally good. If he had yellow carded one or two of the Derby players then no doubt Bruno would have got at least 1 yellow and maybe a second.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yes I mentioned this on the match day thread. I was staggered to see at the end of the game that there were no cards handed out for the numerous attacks on Kayal. Having said that, I thought the ref was generally good. If he had yellow carded one or two of the Derby players then no doubt Bruno would have got at least 1 yellow and maybe a second.

Exactly, it's a bit 'swings and roundabouts' Bruno could have had 2 yellows on a different night and Dunk could have had one from a nothing challenge (not saying he would have deserved one, but we all know how some refs react). So I would say no cards is a bonus for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here