Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimbob5 can you stop retrospectively thumbs downing swathes of my posts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] - I didn't know that the thumbs page was slow and/or broken.

I'll get that checked out. It may be that it's inefficiently coded and the size of NSC has broken it already.

Additionally, I'll be honest - I don't like it either and have considered looking for something else. If people are trying to abuse it by going crazy with lots of thumbs downs, then maybe a simpler like or thanks type function would be better, where only positive sentiments can be expressed.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] - I didn't know that the thumbs page was slow and/or broken.

I'll get that checked out. It may be that it's inefficiently coded and the size of NSC has broken it already.

Additionally, I'll be honest - I don't like it either and have considered looking for something else. If people are trying to abuse it by going crazy with lots of thumbs downs, then maybe a simpler like or thanks type function would be better, where only positive sentiments can be expressed.

can you check my account out too please while you are at it mein uber loitnent fhurer......sydney ...wiped ...can't get no satisfaction la...!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm concerned that some of you aren't taking this thumbs system seriously enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't do thumbs.
It's ok people, he's telling the truth!

From his profile page:
Thumbs Up Given
Thumbs Down Given

At your service
Trig

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's ok people, he's telling the truth!

From his profile page:
Thumbs Up Given
Thumbs Down Given

At your service
Trig

Don't I always ? :)

I don't do thumbs. I don't do 'Likes' on Facebook. I don't do 'Favourites' on Twitter. If I'm moved to respond to something then I'll quote and/or type a response, but if anyone ever receives a thumb, a like or a favourite from me, then it will have been completely by accident.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I don't do thumbs..

BTR31.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've never given a 'thumbs down', although some posts would warrant it. Continually using the function does make people look a bit puerile.

That said, my most painful thumbing ever was at a suggestion that Marmite was inferior to Vegemite.

I'll never do that again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now my joke has prompted a thumbs down from Bozza - oh no!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here