Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aleš Matějů SIGNS August 4th

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
F**k 5 years ago. What I want to know is 6 years ago........

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Considering loaning him out till January would be EXACTLY the right thing to do if we want him in the first team squad the 2nd half of this season or July 2018........ I'm pleased to hear that! We have old but solid players at RB so a youngster would be my choice over a 3rd journeyman PL vet. on huge wages and past it. Would be totally unrealistic to think we're going to make an Andy Robertson level signing at Full Back this year with other needs (and I'm aware he's a left back thanks).

If we planned to keep him in Brighton then 1 of 2 things would be true....
1) He's nowhere near the 1st team (glad that's not true).
2) He's so amazeballs that he'd be starting already ahead of Bruno and LR (which would surely have meant he'd have gone somewhere very good 12 months ago or now cost 10-15M+ at full back).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I suspect that [MENTION=30948]Tekanne[/MENTION] already has other clubs lined up: Portsmouth perhaps?

Leave the poor soul alone, they clearly are going through the adolescent stage of football supporting. When you are a little bit unsure of yourself. When you are not sure you can hold your head up in company and declare your strong allegiance to one club, you take the easy route and cover two options. Less chance then of scorn and derision, which you don't want to have to cope with.
Those of us who have left those school playground and workplace days behind us, matured and moved on, are very comfortable with what we have. It demands our full attention and drains us emotionally. There is no room for anyone else. No fall back option to cheer us up when we lose. No second chances.
You either bleed blue and white, body and soul, fully committed, or you sit in the waiting room of life, with a little sign over your head saying..." not quite made my mind up yet "

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hope he is good but have given up been pleased with signing young players. Over last couple of years signed youngsters who have played for Celtic, Motherwell Div1/2 clubs and numorous ones from abroad including Ireland. How about report from club saying how they are progressing as none seem anyway near getting on the bench let alone playing.. I even saw Hall was sub for under 23s the other day. That seems rather a backward step after Scottish Premier league

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hughton: "one of the options might be for him to go on loan in order to continue playing regular senior football."

Another one that will never break through then. Absolute JOKE club.

Chelsea and the Seagulls

I know you're either wumming or a hormone filled 14 year old but I'll bite just for kicks.

Chelsea constantly buy players to send them out on loan for development. And we contstantly bring them Chelsea players on loan. But you knew that surely.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
03-kitten-rescue-gifs.gif

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcomes Ales...

However, we still need a first-team squad keeper, RB, CM & ST, so why is the Argus now only talking about a keeper (lowest priority IMHO) and striker (highest)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here