Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For the last twenty or so years every PL club has had a stronger front line than us, I should think. I would be very surprised if that were not the case...........

Yes, but this season, if we want to survive, it matters that we have at least 3 clubs with a worse front line, so your point is?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
For the last twenty or so years every PL club has had a stronger front line than us, I should think. I would be very surprised if that were not the case...........

And yet BHA got promoted to the PL despite our front line issues. How did that happen? What was the goal? A strong front line or to be promoted to the PL?

I rest my case.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
1 available striker for Sunday.

To get to one week from the our first Premier League game in this state after having two months to prepare is actually kind of funny

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

To get to one week from the our first Premier League game in this state after having two months to prepare is actually kind of funny

Once again:-

We need to stop letting the club off by saying it's had only 3-5 months.

The club has had at least 2 seasons and 4 windows to prepare for now.
As a beaten play off team, then top 2 for an entire season, the club has had considerably longer than 5 months.
Esp as all through that time, and beyond, it's had various failings up front.

Huddersfield have had 9 weeks to fully commit to being a Premier League club.

Irrespective of the level of importance placed on the preparation needed (even though we have always been told that's the only thing the club has been working towards) the Albion have had years not just a few months to be Premier League ready.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Maybe the young lad Connolly will get on as a 2nd half sub, score a brace and save TB £10m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maybe the young lad Connolly will get on as a 2nd half sub, score a brace and save TB £10m.

Wouldn't that be amazing.... the new Ward.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On another mater, why the **** is the transfer window not 'slammed' shut before the season starts?

Apparently because not every League in Europe starts on the same date. Top divisions:

Belgium - 28/7
France - 4/8
Portugal - 6/8
England - 11/8
Holland - 18/8
Spain - 18/8
Germany - 18/8
Italy - 19/8

Although why we can't just have a transfer deadline of (say) 31st July and then have every major League in Europe kick off 2 weeks after that, I have no idea.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No necessarily.

No, but are you seriously saying it is OK to start the season in the Prem with only the 3 strikers we have!? Seriously!? I rest my case. You are found guilty of criminal negligence! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I find it a ****ing joke too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet BHA got promoted to the PL despite our front line issues. How did that happen? What was the goal? A strong front line or to be promoted to the PL?

I rest my case.

What front line issues? Once Murray was signed last summer, 90% or more of fans were happy with our options.

So there's no "despite" about it. We were full of goals.

A few fans were still concerned in those two last transfer windows about our lack of striking cover, if god forbid 33 year old Murray had got a long term injury. We wouldn't gone up without him, that's for sure.

Now we're going up another level or more, against better defenders and better organised defences. We need better options up front, even the most optimistic and patient are stating that. Hence the valid concern in this ever diminishing window.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Yes, and more likely this will not happen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I rest my case.
Rest your case wherever you like! Whatever your case is, it has nothing to do with me stating that for the last twenty or so years, all the clubs in the PL are likely to have had a better front line than us. You don't seriously dispute that, do you? What would your answer have been to the question I was answering?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just because you repeat yourself doesn't make it any more right.
True, but out of curiosity what is it about that statement that is wrong?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Would be a dream scenario. However, you do know that he is too young to be allowed to play as in attack in the Brighton first team, don't you? I bet he's got years out on loan ahead of him yet..............(see Jordan Maguire-Drew).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here