Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Guardian's Assessment - From nowhere to the Premier League

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Give me belief, team spirit and a sustainable future for BHAFC over panic buys any day. The Premier League needs to be awarded two special caps - a transfer fee cap and a salary cap. Oh, and well done Tom for the video :)

100% this. That video (which is excellent) shows yet again why I'm more than happy we haven't gone crazy in the transfer market. I would genuinely prefer us to go down than panic buy someone for £20m on a ridiculous wage who could easily get injured in week 1 or show no team spirit. The club got promoted in the right way and I'm happy for them to do the right thing now.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That video at the top of the page really highlights how quickly the colour of the roof has faded.

It would be expensive to replace the roofing but remember when it looked like this?

American-Express-Community-Football-Stadium-Aerial-View.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep, it's hard to argue with much of it. These writers are going on what they can judge at this current time, with the players we HAVE got.

Can't argue with the fact that we are currently over reliant on a spine who are completely unproven at Premier League level. (Ryan, Dunk, Stephens and Murray)

Murray has made 52 appearances in the Prem.
He's also scored against Man City last 2 times he's played against em. So not "completely unproven"

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Predicted 20th. Perfect no pressure. #undertheradar

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Predicted 20th. Perfect no pressure. #undertheradar

Given the world wide coverage and analysis and scrutiny by thousands of national and international tv companies , papers and publications, I really don't think anyone or anything connected with the Prem is under the radar.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Brighton though, on the brink of non-league football 20 years ago, will relish the big stage and the battle to stay there, finally among top-flight company after three near misses.

I feel that this is the right way to approach next season, whatever happens. Just try and enjoy it and trust that the club is in good hands and in a good place.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That video got me right in the feels.

Stupid hayfever making my eyes water at the same time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bloody hell , so many faces from the past in that video some sadly no longer here , and some who still no doubt have never bought a round of drinks eh Dazza :cheers:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'm sure Palace/Bournemouth fans didn't mind this FACT when he popped up to score for them against Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, West Ham and Chelsea etc

Ask any Palace\Bournemouth fan and im sure they will tell you he is not up to that league.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Firstly I think we will stay up, just. Secondly I wouldn't take any notice of anything the Guardian writes. Bunch of scruffy , mainly young and naive left wingers, who think the world owes them a living. . Not really the best types to start handing out advice. Stick to being social workers.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I dont think its unfair to predict we'll finish bottom, but its a safe prediction for those journalists. Bournemouth and Burnley were also fancied for relegation. People might say they approached things better than we have, but only in retrospect after they stayed up. No one was saying that they fancied them to stay up before their first season kicked off. The truth is it will obviously be very hard to stay up, and we will probably flirt with it all season even if we do manage to avoid it. I guess all I'm saying is The Guardian haven't exactly gone out on a limb with their prediction, and if we do surprise them by staying up they'll be writing stories about how magnificant plucky Brighton are. It we do stay up it will be worth noting who crawls out of the woodwork to say they thought we always had a chance, because so far nobody has given us even a slim chance.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'd also point out the every single week last season, every single team's fans wrote us off, saying we'd be midtable by xmas or we're not that good. Every single week we proved them wrong. I know the Premier League is different, but I've always thought that under Houghton, "you write us off at your peril".

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ask any Palace\Bournemouth fan and im sure they will tell you he is not up to that league.

Already have thanks to several Palace/B'uff faithful. They've quite a soft spot for Glenn. Given he's scored 23 goals for us last season and got us promoted, Hughton thinks he's a key part of the squad then i'm guessing most Albion fans have too and are happy for him to be given a chance. but fair enough, you presumably think he should be for sale then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here