Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wanted by the club for January and hours away from putting pen to paper.
The deal would have happened but for some 11th hour shenanigans from Everton.

The Albion ended up with Akpom instead.

I think if I recall Norwich tried to sign him a few years ago but they wouldn't cough up the cash for him. He is a good player and Everton had Lukaku so he was never gonna get any decent run in the side there, so I don't think we really know what he is capable of. Glen Murray and Tomer have done well in the last year but it is a whole new ball game coming up against the central defenders we will come up against this coming season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He did well at Hull, from what I saw. Hardworking, quick, direct, strong. Ideal if you ask me. (Any truth in this would suggest Hemed is off)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would it? I think CH made it clear he's looking for an additional striker, not a replacement.

Nah this is just any excuse to get rid of Tomer.

After the last couple of days on here, were it not for Skalak and Bong, I'd genuinely be wondering if Tomer may be on the receiving end of Brighton fans less than positive 'support'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maybe we should sign him just so we could break our transfer AND wage records in one go?
He cost Everton £13.5m and they were prepared to let Hull have him at a 'bargain' £10m plus his earnings of £55K per week.

Rumours huh!!? :shrug:

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Maybe we should sign him just so we could break our transfer AND wage records in one go?
He cost Everton £13.5m and they were prepared to let Hull have him at a 'bargain' £10m plus his earnings of £55K per week.
Rumours huh!!? : shrug:

Re his wages I think that there are often deals where the selling club agrees to pay a portion of the wages - for example he could sign for us on £35,000 a week and Everton would pay him £20,000 a week for the rest of his contract (with them). It's not ideal for the selling club, but they at least get a transfer fee and a large chunk of his wages of the books.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Rumours huh!!? :shrug:

What are you expecting? Vardy for £8m and £40k per week, or Luis Sanchez for £7m perhaps and £20k plus £5k per goal bonus per week?

The man is desperate to get away from Everton who have told him he has no future, so maybe £8m, and yes, £40k per week MIGHT do it. We are not paying League 1 wages anymore.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8041157 said:
Re his wages I think that there are often deals where the selling club agrees to pay a portion of the wages - for example he could sign for us on £35,000 a week and Everton would pay him £20,000 a week for the rest of his contract (with them). It's not ideal for the selling club, but they at least get a transfer fee and a large chunk of his wages of the books.

Realistically, this is how a lot of Premier League transfers happen with clubs around the world who can't pay the mental wages English clubs pay. Even within England, and the Premier League - Joe Hart is being paid partly by West Ham but mostly by Man City as he was last season at Torino.

People are being a bit hard on Niasse, he did ok for Hull last season. Not spectacular, but he did ok. I think he'd be ok but he's not one to purchase, that would be too much of a gamble.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't think it's a bad call. But, I'm not sure that he offers much more than our current forwards.

I'm still hoping that we spunk the majority of our budget on a south American flairmeister, even if they're unproven!

Makes no sense, right?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think it's a bad call. But, I'm not sure that he offers much more than our current forwards.

I'm still hoping that we spunk the majority of our budget on a south American flairmeister, even if they're unproven!

Makes no sense, right?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

I know nothing and honestly I don't - but If you were to ask me my thoughts I'd say this was a go-er ( just a guess ). Millions on a South American ? Definitely NOT

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
According to Watford's local rag he's probably on his way here

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sp...aper_talk__with_forward_heading_for_Brighton/

despite the Hornets' desire to sign a new striker, the Watford head coach has cast his attention elsewhere with Richarlison close to signing in a £13 million deal, and no enquiry ever made for Niasse.

Instead, sources close to the player have revealed the Senegal forward is likely to sign for Premier League new-boys Brighton.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Would class him as a nuisance. If we're doing 1 up top with Gross/Brown/Baldock just behind he's probably the sort of lump we need. More mobile than Murray and GM won't be able to play 90 minutes every week anyway.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly the sort of player I expect us to sign. It's not about his scoring record, it's about physical presence and pace. He reminds me of Rondon at WBA - not prolific, will miss chances, but will be a pain to play against.

I'm IN

Im not commiting to the IN bit yet, i really have not seen that much, but if he offers the power and pace part as you suggest that is something we need.

Only just 27 too i see so a decent age.

Was still kind of hoping something a bit more WOW though

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here