Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There are way more factors at play locally than Brexit. No coincidence for me that Kyle & Lucas who have both held Southern Rail to account and got involved with Save Our Schools increased their majorities while Kirby who did nothing got voted out.

Nationally the result reflects May's absolutely hopeless campaigning. I was after a hung parliament because I wouldn't trust her or Jezzer to get Brexit right on their own. Far from worrying about chaos, my faith in the UK public has returned. Time to act like adults and look to the centre for answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shame there isn't a live stream from the Tory HQ or wherever dis May and her cronies are hiding. A political Big Brother reality show. Loads of crying, blame and name call. Who's the first to go?

Cue a new " Hitler downfall " edit I think ?

larus

Congratulations to Labour on a much better result that was expected. However, what I've noticed in the comments so far is that even in their joy at their "perceived" victory, there is still the snide, spiteful digs at Conservative voters.

This is a bad result for the county. There will be unstable government as you can't see any party (apart from the DUP) wanting to support the conservatives, the Lib-Dems are opposed to entering any coalition so neither party will be able to form a stable government.

I genuinely cannot see anyway that there won't be another general election later this year. Corny will still be there, but hopefully a more charismatic leader for the Tories. Only plus from last night is the results for the SNP and the weakening of Krankies hand to push for a new Indy vote.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The massive swing to oust Kirby in Kemptown, along with big majorities for Kyle in Hove and the excellent Dr Lucas in Pavilion means our city is finally free of any shred of unwelcome Tory rule.

Can't tell you how proud it makes me.

We're a PREMIER LEAGUE city with

progressive governance.

We fought the bad guys and we won.

Well done everyone

Pleased for you .

larus

The Conservatives losing their majority at the general election could amount to the party losing its mandate to take Britain out of the single market, the Brexit Secretary has suggested.

David Davis said the party's manifesto contained the pledge to leave the customs union and single market and that the British people would make "their decision" on the Brexit proposal.

The bombshell admission comes as exit polls show the election of a knife-edge, with the Tories possibly losing their majority at the snap election.

What a shambles this is, The EU must be loving it.

Congratulations May

The referendum was on a single issue. A general election is not. People often reads what suits them into an election result and make imaginary links which suit their own agenda.

The election was not fought on BREXIT, although that is stupidly the message which May tried to get across. She failed in that and Corbyn succeeeded in getting the young out with promises on tuition fees, the NHS, etc.

Whatever the outcome, this makes the negotiations on BREXIT a nightmare as th simple question is who will be the party in government when then negotiations conclude? As a new election would appear to be likely before then, it's an unknown. Just my opinion.

There are way more factors at play locally than Brexit. No coincidence for me that Kyle & Lucas who have both held Southern Rail to account and got involved with Save Our Schools increased their majorities while Kirby who did nothing got voted out.

Nationally the result reflects May's absolutely hopeless campaigning. I was after a hung parliament because I wouldn't trust her or Jezzer to get Brexit right on their own. Far from worrying about chaos, my faith in the UK public has returned. Time to act like adults and look to the centre for answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nail, head.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
which is a bit odd,if you wish to remain in the EU you would have voted Lib Dem not vote Labour or Tory who both have it in their manifestos that we are leaving the EU.

It's not odd at all. The Remainers really have been a little bit shy over the last year. The Lib Dem position was suspect in my view and the electorate largely seem to agree. What it does suggest is that 48.1% of voters plumped for Remain, 51.9% for Leave, of those Leavers there was and is a broad spectrum of views of the type of Brexit wanted. All of this points to a softer Brexit.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
9d5d40b79e18979c505de59e72f4a787a4696745b36d01eace62e8bc7a757384.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tories have completely screwed up our great nation, everything is all about them and their party. Weakened and injured into the lions den we go in Brussels, what a mess

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here