Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Another lift going in next to the present lift by the stairs to the outside concourse. Is any development going to be in the stadium. I thought Sky required a camera gantry/pundits lounge at each end of the ground?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another lift going in next to the present lift by the stairs to the outside concourse. Is any development going to be in the stadium. I thought Sky required a camera gantry/pundits lounge at each end of the ground?

They shirley wont need planning permission for those kind of alterations, they'll just do them?

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out where this is. Is it behind the south west or south east corner of the stadium?

It's behind the southwest corner. They want to remove the landscaped bund next to the coach park and replace it with a parking area for the tv lorries, with some facilities for the tv crews and a goods lift. Looks like it could be quite contentious!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's behind the southwest corner. They want to remove the landscaped bund next to the coach park and replace it with a parking area for the tv lorries, with some facilities for the tv crews and a goods lift. Looks like it could be quite contentious!

I think you mean south east.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Any photos, pictures or plans of the new sky studio to be built in the south east corner?*

* may be early days but this thread had to start at some point.???

Not been on the internet for a few days and just seen this. You'll be very pleased to learn that "I know nuurrrrrthing!" Sorry.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The planning application says south east but as you say the drawings say otherwise.

Do remember (and a goole of Amex Stadium will confirm) that the stadium doesn't align to the cardinal points well at all.

The 'West' Stand points slight South of SW... the South points SE ish.. so anywhere in that corner is in the SE of the stadium footprint. It might be that the plans need a little more accuracy in terms of directions.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They shirley wont need planning permission for those kind of alterations, they'll just do them?

The works are fronting Village Way, and are significant engineering works requiring the removing of a large lump of ground (currently a grass mound) and so will definitely need planning permission.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This seems a huge amount of work, is it expected to be ready for the start of the season?, Is there some sort of transition period allowed to get the works completed, the risk of course is we go straight back down (I don't think we will btw) and the works will be completed after we have departed!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Calling Jack Straw and all those "In the know"

I'm assuming the there will still be a tv studio in the south east corner and the area behind the stadium to the south west will be broadcasting support facilities including Sky's own car park, lift and buildings for their backroom staff?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here