Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sure. Some of my rationale is that we normally switch play through him really quickly and incisively, but it all felt a bit ponderous.

Did you enjoy the West?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I did actually. Very quiet compared to the North, but quite nice to actually sit down and watch a game properly for once.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn't win a 50/50?

He put in countless challenges, won the ball back for us a number of times and covered quite a few mistakes in nervy periods.

Our two CBs stole the show but Stephens and Murray weren't far behind.

Not what I saw, just felt we were beginning to lose control in midfield in the latter part of the first half.

It just felt slow to me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I did actually. Very quiet compared to the North, but quite nice to actually sit down and watch a game properly for once.

Blooming nerve wracking though, I can't remember being this agitated/nervous under Mullery......

Amazing cushioned header for the goal by Knockaert.....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We are mightily blessed that he has stepped into Duffys birth and stepped up to the challenge.
Good for him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sent from the fatherland to bring us joy!

Der keiser was brilliant today.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uwe Hünemeier, rivalled Lewis Dunk as our best forward in the first half. Shot with his left peg (swinger) was on target. One of the two my MOM.

Expect our central midfielders to have a shot against Birmingham. None this game and not many goals all season.

I think we ought to put Ryan Nyambe on our wish list ahead of Tom Field (Huddersfield). Nyambe played for Blackburn U23 v Brighton last October.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No Smoke in the Eyes

Blooming nerve wracking though, I can't remember being this agitated/nervous under Mullery......

Amazing cushioned header for the goal by Knockaert.....

Remember the Potts game vs Sunderland. That might have been the the nearly season.

vs Blackburn

It was a darn sight worse back then. Thank Cardiff for winning at Roker Park.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He was brilliant today. Thought Stephens was mom though, superb game from him

I would have said Uwe and Stephens jointly today. Both were magnificent. And Murray ran himself in to the ground (partly because he might as well have been up there on his own for 55 minutes)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My MOTM too, loved his block in the first half when he just threw himself into the ball.

Really pleased for him too. Did so well at the start of last season until his injury troubles and has never really had a look in since. Great to see him in the pitch playing well again.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He seems to have come back into the team with a different attitude.
Before he was this nice, quiet guy who got on with it.
Now he seems to have more an edge to him like 'this is my time'.
Filling Duffy's boots hasn't phased him at all.
He really is a top player and a top guy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Absolute revelation and my MOTM too. I expressed doubts before he came back that he wasn't good enough in the air, I was wrong. I also love his full blooded challenges. There are times he will get it wrong and it will open up an opportunity for the opposition but he has really looked the part since his return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here