Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eye on the Championship 25-28 November

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chris Martin seemed to fail to notice Button's time-wasting.

I say this because, later in the game when Stockdale was on a bit of a go-slow, he was counting seconds on his fingers to try and make a point to the ref.

In what was quite a niggly game, Martin's primary aged school kid style of counting was right up there with their manager throwing the ball to Hughton late in the game, again trying to make a point about time-wasting.

Haha. I'd forgotten that - the daft, petulant TIT. Talk about cutting off your own nose, and that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In what was quite a niggly game, Martin's primary aged school kid style of counting was right up there with their manager throwing the ball to Hughton late in the game, again trying to make a point about time-wasting.
Yeah, what an idiotic and petulant act that was. Wasted precious time.
Edit. Just seen Hans post, petulant seems the right word!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris Martin seemed to fail to notice Button's time-wasting.

I say this because, later in the game when Stockdale was on a bit of a go-slow, he was counting seconds on his fingers to try and make a point to the ref.

We've wasted time in the past, but I didn't notice it on Saturday. Their reactions are laughable given that they were time wasting from the first half.

Justice served.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Haha. I'd forgotten that - the daft, petulant TIT. Talk about cutting off your own nose, and that.

I was quite grateful, but did seem somewhat odd as their keeper in the first half was taking up to 30-40s per GK after they'd scored so double standards and all that. At one point button literally stopped moving, waited for stroud to turn, moved, then stopped again etc.

He was taking the piss and not very subtle. If this was conveyed to him at HT then it was little surprise to see him booked so early in the 2nd half.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I f**king hate Chris Martin the niggly tw*t.

A friend of mine, [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] did comment after he was booked that Chris Martin got yellow... a good Coldplay reference.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Newcastle still might lose Shelvey for a period of time with his racist case still ongoing, plus as Rafa has shown he has a great habit of mucking things up to me despite the media loving them to death means they're not certainties for the top 2 yet.

Agreed. You could say he mucked up on Saturday, resting 6 players and losing at home.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agreed. You could say he mucked up on Saturday, resting 6 players and losing at home.
Rested 6 players? Didn't know that, but with their squad, should it matter? I messaged my Geordie mate once they'd lost. He wasn't at all surprised as apparently Blackburn are Newcastle's bogey team. He also wasn't all that upset as he had backed Blackburn to win with some pretty good odds.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We've wasted time in the past, but I didn't notice it on Saturday. Their reactions are laughable given that they were time wasting from the first half.

Justice served.

I always find it really funny when this happens. Teams who time waste all game are suddenly forced to chase it. Huddersfield were a very obvious example. Time wasted for 80 minutes and then we score and suddenly they are complaining about us time wasting when we weren't really. Not at all hypocritical!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here