Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I will be genuinely gobsmacked at ANYONE who actually takes this "offer" up from the club. Anyone who does truly must have money to burn, and/or more money than sense. Presumably they'll have to show some kind of pass at the door, like a Willy Wonka golden ticket or something. It'll certainly pick them out as being a bit of a prize prawn, when they mince past the queue with Cressida and Tarquin in tow to get their £750 quids worth that week.

I`m paying up....Can`t expect my darlings Cressida and Tarquin to queue with the plebs..

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Exactly this. For reference see the South stand at the County Ground. £1000 plus your memebership each year for a 'seat for life'. There are never more than half a dozen of the 100 seats taken at any one time, meanwhile the best view in the ground is out of bounds to all other members. Even SCCC admit it was a mistake, now.

BTW Ray Bloom has 2 seats up there but rarely attends.

Only 1 thing to do, just boycott 7 stars and drink elsewhere. Oh and don't complain to Barber, or you'll be accused of undermining the playing budget and therefore the promotion challenge.

PG

Is that the stand on top of the roof ? I always liked going up there when I was a nipper

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Someone needs to bring this up at the fans forum...you can bet your bottom dollar it will be Dicks next!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Im still confused that the club think anyone will pay for this or that there are actually people out there that have such money to waste. What do they think we are mugs?

I would like to see the smug knob that is Paul Barber explain this one.

Fans not Customers.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Im still confused that the club think anyone will pay for this or that there are actually people out there that have such money to waste. What do they think we are mugs?

I would like to see the smug knob that is Paul Barber explain this one.

Fans not Customers.

It will be along the lines of...We lose over £1 mill a month, need to help reduce that...join 1901 if you want access to lounges etc etc...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The revenue generated from the fees, with all positions taken up, is only £40,000!!
If few people pay to use it, surely the revenue they would've got with free entry is more than £40,000 anyways?
The more you charge people to use something, the less they would use it!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The revenue generated from the fees, with all positions taken up, is only £40,000!!
If few people pay to use it, surely the revenue they would've got with free entry is more than £40,000 anyways?
The more you charge people to use something, the less they would use it!

This is the main point for me it is such a small amount of money in the grand scheme of things it feels like a pointless move by the club which only serves to anger fans and force more people into spending their money away from the stadium.

Truly bizarre move

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So to clarify this is £250 for the right to go to a pub before the game, so a family of four would pay ONE THOUSAND POUNDS to go and do something they can do for free elsewhere? No other benefit at all? No free food? No free drinks? Nothing?

WHY?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Club could raise ten times that dumb Seven Stars £40,000 by improving access to concourse catering. Stupidly long slow-moving queues mean that huge numbers of punters before the match and at half-time and even after the match just walk away rather than queue, and spend their money in town instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here