Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex atmosphere and maintaining it

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't pick this up In WSL (N end) either.

I'm more central than [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in the WSU and I didn't hear it.... although it was almost pandemonium out there at times in the 1st half with sometimes 2 or 3 chants booming out from different parts of the ground. Sooooooo loud.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I never heard it in north, maybe the zombies in East are finally getting with the programme??

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I never heard it in north, maybe the zombies in East are finally getting with the programme??

To be honest, there was so much noise at most times in the first half, it's not a wonder people missed it. We were well up for it in the East. I can't see it being replicated too often. It was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced and that includes cup finals and a play off final.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
The club have twice given away 20K+ flags to STHs and others. I think I have 6 of them at home now. If people want to bring flags then they should make the tiny effort involved in bringing along their own. 100% flags would soon lose its appeal and specialness in any case.

A key step for me is that the atmosphere from Monday night must be properly captured and publicised on the internet. A lot of the stuff to do with "atmospheres" is self fulfilling based on what people believe it is going to be like or is normally like.

The official BHAFC instagram tweet thing of the whole ground singing SBTS is incredible. I had no idea it sounded anything like as good as that. We need the whole thing on Youtube and linked on here. In fact, they need to gather together all the best audio/video footage they can find of the crowd singing (NOT of the PA music pre-match) and make a 10 minute film about the atmosphere on Monday night and put it on Youtube and make it part of a sticky thread on here.

Once more people realise just how amazingly good it is, and the effect on the players/opposition, they will be more likely to join in confidently and make the effort.
Agree - as most people have at least one flag, would be great if everyone bought their flag to the first home game next season, to again create a buzz and try and propel us forward for the season. No cost to the club, just everyone bringing along their flags that were recently issued at the shef W game. Will not replace shef W game I know, although would be a great atmosphere especially if it happened to be a ex premier league side that has just come down.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If anyone has the channel Latest TV they're showing highlights from all our games today, great memories

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's nothing to do with standing, flags, banners, drums, acoustics, where you are in the ground or what songs are sung. These are just excuses.

It's because everyone in that ground CARED PASSIONATELY for the Albion and BELIEVED that by getting really behind the team we could influence the outcome. That is what we need to preserve for next season.

Creating the atmosphere is not difficult. What you do is when we get a corner, or a breakaway, or a throw in in an attacking position is let out a C'MON roar. Some of us do that as a matter of course. What happened against Wednesday is that most of the crowd did that. That creates the heightened atmosphere, so that when songs start up, people don't feel self-conscious about joining in. It becomes self-fulfilling, a virtuous circle.

The famous Roker Roar was based on this. The home end was a big open terrace. Hopeless acoustics. Often freezing cold and windy off the North Sea. But they all ROARED together and created an incredible atmosphere.

C'MON!!!!

PG

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's nothing to do with standing, flags, banners, drums, acoustics, where you are in the ground or what songs are sung. These are just excuses.

It's because everyone in that ground CARED PASSIONATELY for the Albion and BELIEVED that by getting really behind the team we could influence the outcome. That is what we need to preserve for next season.

Creating the atmosphere is not difficult. What you do is when we get a corner, or a breakaway, or a throw in in an attacking position is let out a C'MON roar. Some of us do that as a matter of course. What happened against Wednesday is that most of the crowd did that. That creates the heightened atmosphere, so that when songs start up, people don't feel self-conscious about joining in. It becomes self-fulfilling, a virtuous circle.

The famous Roker Roar was based on this. The home end was a big open terrace. Hopeless acoustics. Often freezing cold and windy off the North Sea. But they all ROARED together and created an incredible atmosphere.

C'MON!!!!

PG
That's absolutely true, but sadly I can't imagine most will be up for it come the new season.😔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here