Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Club legend World Cup

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As in the right back with the long, bandy legs? Lovely feller but never a club legend.

I'll nominate Garry Nelson and Johnny Byrne, both goalscoring heroes in the days when I went to every game and both had a great rapport with the fans.

Yes to John Bryne. I only caught the end of Nelson but his book's very good.

I went for Smith and Crumplin just becuase twenty odd years later if you mention their name Albion fans will still be incredibly happy they saw them 'perform' for us. I think they're more deserving of legendary status than Leon F Knight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes to John Bryne. I only caught the end of Nelson but his book's very good.

I went for Smith and Crumplin just becuase twenty odd years later if you mention their name Albion fans will still be incredibly happy they saw them 'perform' for us. I think they're more deserving of legendary status than Leon F Knight

Amen to that!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Michael Mahoney-Johnson
Jamie Moralee
Colin Hawkins
Barndoor Holroyd
Sandaza
Gavin Geddes
Mark Farrington

WHAT?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is this going to be be like half the other World Cups where we either don't get past the Group Stage (CJTC) or bother with a final (Comedy)?

I'll second Nelson - My favourite player. I'll also second Digweed. Anyone that gets a nasty knacker injury with a name like that simply deserves to be a legend.

I'll nominate Ian Chapman if no-one else has yet

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Seconded Leon Knight.

Firsted VICENTE

I seriously misread that :lolol:

Reminds me of the time I sent an email to the RSPCA telling them I had to go and fetch my gerbil and it was read by a dyslexic. Why they had to stick me on the vegan wing in Ford I will never know either. I was nearly knitted to death.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is this going to be be like half the other World Cups where we either don't get past the Group Stage (CJTC) or bother with a final (Comedy)?

I'll second Nelson - My favourite player. I'll also second Digweed. Anyone that gets a nasty knacker injury with a name like that simply deserves to be a legend.

I'll nominate Ian Chapman if no-one else has yet

The Semis and Final of the UKCC ARE on the way...genuinely...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dave Hollins

Eric Gill

Roy Jennings

Jack Bertolini

Billy Lane.

Dave Turner

Ian Goodwin

Kit Napier

Norman Wisdom.