Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benteke - Roy up the road not happy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
for 20 minutes, and then did nothing

That would have been when he won the header and only Ryan’s reflex save stopped Zaha scoring? He murdered Dunk in the air on pretty well every header too as far as I recall.

We will do very well to find someone as good as Benteke in January and we’ll probably end up with nobody of note so I am astounded that so many are so against it. (Not that we have a hope in hell of him coming here, but just hypothetically speaking!). Just think about what we have got upfront and tell me Benteke wouldn’t walk into our team.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not sure they're loving their expensive marquee striker that we could only dream of having right now...

[tweet]939587743415496705[/tweet]

It lightened my mood at 4.50 on Saturday

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That would have been when he won the header and only Ryan’s reflex save stopped Zaha scoring? He murdered Dunk in the air on pretty well every header too as far as I recall.

We will do very well to find someone as good as Benteke in January and we’ll probably end up with nobody of note so I am astounded that so many are so against it. (Not that we have a hope in hell of him coming here, but just hypothetically speaking!). Just think about what we have got upfront and tell me Benteke wouldn’t walk into our team.

Ok, its a fair question (and obviously yes, he would get in our team at present). But in the next transfer window I would still rather sign an up-and-coming young striker, in the Dwamena/Zohore/Abraham etc mold that we were looking at last summer. On the face of it he's a great player, but it feels more and more like 'when he wants to be'...

My feeling is that a team like us (or like Palace) shouldn't be signing players on their way down - players who were great on the way up (e.g. at Villa), get the big move to the big team, and when it doesn't work out they fall back down the pyramid and almost always fail to reach the heights that got them the move in the first place. Thinking also of players like Loic Remy, Wilfried Bony, Demba Ba, Ricky Lambert, James Beattie and I'm sure there are many others. Players on the way down come with big transfer fees and big salaries and big expectations and very rarely meet them.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bentekkers (man that's so ****ish) is the new Torres. Torres was lethal then he couldn't hit a cow's Harris with a banjo. Sweet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've not seen a tamer struck penalty since Cristian Baz's in the FA Cup shootout vs Woking (and at least he scored that). [emoji38]ol:
Didn't Harley have a pretty feeble attempt v Millwall ( I think ) ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anyone who thinks that Benteke is a player who would add anything to our squad other than paranoia and indolence is,, frankly, deluded.

Yoda

English & European
Didn't Harley have a pretty feeble attempt v Millwall ( I think ) ?

Memory not quite what it was, but didn't he miss that one all together, Baz's was an failed chip that just pea rolled along the floor virtually in a straight line. His saving grace was the 'keeper moved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Memory not quite what it was, but didn't he miss that one all together, Baz's was an failed chip that just pea rolled along the floor virtually in a straight line. His saving grace was the 'keeper moved.

The worst penalty I've ever seen was Robert Codner's at Bristol Rovers in early 1990. It was actually posted on here fairly recently.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Harley's at Millwall was atrocious, but I think this one is the worst penalty of all time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here