Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampoonery on NSC...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is there any room for it?

I got home from the match yesterday after another mostly enjoyable afternoon at The Amex of Premier League football to read on NSC almost blanket criticism of our players...

These players I have loved watching for the past two seasons, bolstered by some great signings that I have quickly grown to like a lot, had in my opinion put in a shift and with a bit more luck could have pushed Liverpool close.

There were individual threads about Bruno and about Glenn Murray while other players including Gaetan Bong, Dale Stephens, Pascal Gross, Izzy Brown and Knocky were coming in for stick on other threads.

I couldn't be bothered to argue individually with the numerous kneejerkers but thought I could ridicule them collectively by starting ludicrous threads on the only remaining players who weren't yet being criticised.

I certainly wasn't "trolling" or "fishing" at all. I didn't want anyone to bother with serious replies - but that was what I got loads of...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I certainly wasn't "trolling" or "fishing" at all. I didn't want anyone to bother with serious replies - but that was what I got loads of...

Er it was trolling/fishing/attention seeking unless you meant them. Why would people not reply?

Its ok to be sorry for being a bit of a dick after you've had a few, if thats what you mean, you wouldn't be the first

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I got home from the match yesterday after another mostly enjoyable afternoon at The Amex of Premier League football to read on NSC almost blanket criticism of our players...

These players I have loved watching for the past two seasons, bolstered by some great signings that I have quickly grown to like a lot, had in my opinion put in a shift and with a bit more luck could have pushed Liverpool close.

There were individual threads about Bruno and about Glenn Murray while other players including Gaetan Bong, Dale Stephens, Pascal Gross, Izzy Brown and Knocky were coming in for stick on other threads.

I couldn't be bothered to argue individually with the numerous kneejerkers but thought I could ridicule them collectively by starting ludicrous threads on the only remaining players who weren't yet being criticised.

:ban:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Er it was trolling/fishing/attention seeking unless you meant them. Why would people not reply?

Its ok to be sorry for being a bit of a dick after you've had a few, if thats what you mean, you wouldn't be the first
This is precisely my point about lampoonery.

Is it impossible on NSC?

I tried really hard to signal that my posts were jokes and taking the piss out of the kneejerk critics but I seem to have failed almost completely.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Is it impossible on NSC?

I tried really hard to signal that my posts were jokes and taking the piss out of the kneejerk critics but I seem to have failed almost completely.

Yeah let's just say it didnt come over as intended until the 3rd one that you were on a wind up and succeeded

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Is it impossible on NSC?

Using smilies seems to help, but unfortunately the whingers & moaners still shout the loudest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t think it was anything like blanket criticism...........it was just harder to seek out the sensible posts amongst all the shit threads you started.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What were the joke signals that everybody missed ?
I think the Duffy one started with something like... "I thought I should start a thread about one of the few players yet to be criticised this evening..."

I was also simultaneously posting on other threads where I was being positive about our players.

With hindsight, on an evening when Dale Stephens and Pascal Gross were fair game I should not have assumed that criticism of Duffy, Ryan and Propper would be transparently ridiculous...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did YOU capitalise random words? It is THE tired and tested way to signal BUFFOONery on here.
That is the RIGHT answer. And it points me at a deeper truth... I didn't do that, or add a giveaway smiley, as I did want to wind up what I thought would be a very few people MORONIC enough to even consider that such posts could be serious. So I guess I was FISHING a bit in a small pond.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I probably bit, but hey, this is a discussion forum - lampoonery or not......

IMO the performances yesterday were not good enough from a number of players, particularly after the very high standards we reached at Old Trafford - that is now the bar in terms of our performances. and we have slipped along way from it. Incidentally Bong was one of the few who did turn up......

I have found the last two games incredibly frustrating.......

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
That is the RIGHT answer. And it points me at a deeper truth... I didn't do that, or add a giveaway smiley, as I did want to wind up what I thought would be a very few people MORONIC enough to even consider that such posts could be serious. So I guess I was FISHING a bit in a small pond.

I guess there were quite a few MORONIC people then after a 5-1 defeat who are meant to read your mind and your thought process without any hint with CAPITALS or smileys

Anyway move on all me thinks

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I guess there were quite a few MORONIC people then
It certainly APPEARED that way [emoji2]

Classic double inverse backtrack with pike.

So desperate now to be accepted back the secondary thread, blaming anyone else not quite at the same intellect level, is deployed in a futile attempt at making the OP seem almost at a TLO level of enlightenment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I read your threads last night & got exactly where you were coming from but I'm a long-standing happy clapper when it comes to the Albion so us losing doesn't really get me down like some people on here. That's not a pop at them, just making an observation. I suspect the nuance was lost on those still raw and pissed off with the defeat. Not morons, just wound up & either not getting the joke or not finding it funny.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yet you seem to have taken my Glenn Murray post as having a go at him.

I’ll add giveaway smilies in future to save you looking like a moron or something.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
WARNING WARNING :lolol::lolol: THIS POST MAY NOT CONTAIN SERIOUS CONTENT :lol::lol:

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS BEFORE REPLYING

Now if this could be a template to be inserted in such circumstances as the OP is alluding to, there would be no problems

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here