Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kit reveal at some yet-to-be-determined time in the future

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are we sure that pic is the new kit? I'm not sure it def is?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's got naff all to do with the DATE of it and everything to do with the manner in which the release is being done. Expensive, unneccesary, self-indulgent shite.

Have you actually read Paul Barbers response a few pages back or are you just acting dim for a laugh?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
heqepebe.jpg
From the following article, I assume that this ISN'T really a sneak peek of the new kit.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/football-league-link-up-with-charity-1571764.aspx

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Have you actually read Paul Barbers response a few pages back or are you just acting dim for a laugh?

Yes I did and like I said I have absolutely NO clue how this will attract even a single young person who would not otherwise buy a kit.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Yes I did and like I said I have absolutely NO clue how this will attract even a single young person who would not otherwise buy a kit.

I suspect you are a little more clueless than Paul Barber. All your posts on this thread seem like a ranting teenager and being a tad more angry than you should be over something so trivial.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I still have an aversion to the Americanisation of our language, particularly the use of nouns as verbs, so can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Kit revealed at 7pm tonight?"?

No?

Bugger.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I still have an aversion to the Americanisation of our language, particularly the use of nouns as verbs, so can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Kit revealed at 7pm tonight?"?

No?

Bugger.

"...........

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Solid back, novel? I seem to remember a time when most people were anti solid backs, and were calling for striped backs on the shirts.

I still want such , with red name and numbering we wouldn't have last years issues too.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
That could be any one of the 72 football league club's kits.
The article says:
"From the beginning of the 2014/15 campaign, Prostate Cancer UK’s distinctive Man of Men symbol will be included on every single player’s kit as part of his individual squad number"
I see no such symbol on the "teaser" photo, hence I suspect that it isn't the final article.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I still want such , with red name and numbering we wouldn't have last years issues too.

Red numbering only shows up on stripes with a white panel. Doesn't show up well against stripes or a blue panel.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I suspect you are a little more clueless than Paul Barber. All your posts on this thread seem like a ranting teenager and being a tad more angry than you should be over something so trivial.

So you have no idea either do you? You're just assuming that BaaBaa does because he's old and earning far too much money?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

For starters, had the club done just done a reveal, we wouldn't have got 12 pages worth of chat about the 'teaser'. It creates discussion, people tweet about the teasers...kids get excited because they feel 'special' that they're on the 'select list' who are going to see the kit first! I know a little lad that went to school and was boasting how he was going to see the kit before everyone else thanks to it (didn't quite tell him it's not fully the case). It snowballs, kids saying they're going to be the first to see and the first to buy the kit, out of somewhere another kid has gone home begging their dad to get the kit too (who may not have done before).

I commend the club for trying something different. It's created chatter and discussion, which is, free publicity. Nike is still seen as a 'stylish' brand to a lot of youngsters (more than Errea), some of whom are 'floating' fans and wouldn't be aware that the kit had changed to nike, however again, the chatter created from this 'reveal' has meant they've found out and are interested in buying the shirt. I don't care if a 'JCL' or not an avid fan is buying the shirt, I think it's good as it's more money to the club they wouldn't have got otherwise.

Just because you are too narrow minded and don't want to think outside the box, doesn't mean other people are. The club has many way to segment the fans in to different categories, each of whom have different characteristics, and then can tactfully try and appeal to one of the segments. I'm going to go out on a limb and say in this instant, you're not the person the club is aiming at with the kit reveal teasers.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
For starters, had the club done just done a reveal, we wouldn't have got 12 pages worth of chat about the 'teaser'. It creates discussion, people tweet about the teasers...kids get excited because they feel 'special' that they're on the 'select list' who are going to see the kit first! I know a little lad that went to school and was boasting how he was going to see the kit before everyone else thanks to it (didn't quite tell him it's not fully the case). It snowballs, kids saying they're going to be the first to see and the first to buy the kit, out of somewhere another kid has gone home begging their dad to get the kit too (who may not have done before).

I commend the club for trying something different. It's created chatter and discussion, which is, free publicity. Nike is still seen as a 'stylish' brand to a lot of youngsters (more than Errea), some of whom are 'floating' fans and wouldn't be aware that the kit had changed to nike, however again, the chatter created from this 'reveal' has meant they've found out and are interested in buying the shirt. I don't care if a 'JCL' or not an avid fan is buying the shirt, I think it's good as it's more money to the club they wouldn't have got otherwise.

Just because you are too narrow minded and don't want to think outside the box, doesn't mean other people are. The club has many way to segment the fans in to different categories, each of whom have different characteristics, and then can tactfully try and appeal to one of the segments. I'm going to go out on a limb and say in this instant, you're not the person the club is aiming at with the kit reveal teasers.

Sorry Mr Barber :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Hello Paul, hope your evening is going well :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here