vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Absolutely TEXTBOOK quotes from the MetOffice at the end, completely disagreeing with the article:

"A Met Office spokesman said: “Our latest three-month outlook suggests an increased risk of milder and wetter than average conditions for the period November-December-January based on our seasonal forecasts and those from other leading centres around the world."

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just astonishing........That the Express never learn. There is nothing in the long range forecast to even suggest that I have to turn my heating on before the end of the year. They should be brought to justice over scare mongering OAPS and others. Outrageous behaviour from a terrible terrible rag.

How dare you question the "World's Greatest Newspaper"

logo_daily_express.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Express claiming it's coming from the US next week now. No sign of it from anyone that knows what they're talking about though!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No indication of temperatures dropping below 5 degrees for at least the next 14 days.

Warm, wet, boring.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No indication of temperatures dropping below 5 degrees for at least the next 14 days.

Warm, wet, boring.

Met office has a minimum of 2c as overnight temp for sunday evening (shoreham)...personally no snow is welcomed..
you can be sure it will snow middle January...when i am due to go to Northumberland/Cumbria

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My heart jumps a little whenever this thread is bumped.

Re: The Express: Most educated people know that the Express is claptrap...but it's disturbing how many times I've seen it on my Facebook feed...and how many people are lapping it up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My heart jumps a little whenever this thread is bumped.

Re: The Express: Most educated people know that the Express is claptrap...but it's disturbing how many times I've seen it on my Facebook feed...and how many people are lapping it up.

This, I am more than fed up with my Facebook friends sharing express links to nonsense!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well the Express certainly got the "Worst winter on Record, Coldest since records began" theory right. TODAY i had to defrost my car. I saw my breath.....Scary stuff......we have gone out and brought tonnes of tinned tomato soup and crackers for the big chill.

Good luck everyone...stay safe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well the Express certainly got the "Worst winter on Record, Coldest since records began" theory right. TODAY i had to defrost my car. I saw my breath.....Scary stuff......we have gone out and brought tonnes of tinned tomato soup and crackers for the big chill.

Good luck everyone...stay safe.

I'm terrified, I only have 48 candles and a few dozen tealights, 5 Kg of suga,r 2lb of butter and 10 Kg of flour. If last nights Arctic conditions continue for another few days I'm finished.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thank god for decent proper winter weather today. Less than ten degrees and dry. Almost Perfect but could do with a few degrees colder .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm terrified, I only have 48 candles and a few dozen tealights, 5 Kg of suga,r 2lb of butter and 10 Kg of flour. If last nights Arctic conditions continue for another few days I'm finished.

Your under prepared my friend and I fear for you in the next few days. You have had years of notice from the Express. Stay in touch if your fingers are not too cold to type of course.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Your under prepared my friend and I fear for you in the next few days. You have had years of notice from the Express. Stay in touch if your fingers are not too cold to type of course.

Thanks, I'm done for unless I can get hold of a Harty Hot Air Blower.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Mrs Narly101 has decided that the Daily Express is right. Arctic conditions because it took her all of 10 minutes to de-ice her car this morning.

Daft bint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here