Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere tonight

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Its notable how often the TV and written media, ie neutrals, mention what a terrific atmosphere it is at the Amex. Sometimes it can fall a bit flat through sheer tension or when we're playing shite (such as the Hudds game), but on the whole I think the atmosphere is at its very best when we are up against one of the "big boys", really up against it, and can see that the team is putting in a hell of a shift, as they did last night.

I simply do not understand anyone who thinks the atmosphere was lacking last night. It was great.

Yes. I'm afraid that I see most of our games on dodgy streams nowadays - but the commentators almost always highlight the atmosphere at the Amex, and how good it is. And even when it's quiet because it's tense, they mention the atmosphere as still being palpably noticeable - and that's not a bad thing (that is, it's not flat - just nervous). They're the neutrals who get to all the grounds, so I'm puzzles as to why so many seem to disagree with them.

As for away games, I know it sometimes depends on the mic position - but in nearly all the games so far, the dominant noise has come from the Albion fans. The only two games I watched on a stream where it wasn't was Huddersfield (where I couldn't hear us hardly at all), and Palace - where I only heard us in patches when the home lot went quiet. At Amex games, you only hear the away fans on the telly in fits and bursts.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No club does, you plonker.

Out of interest, were you at Wembley for Spurs v Albion? How did you rate Spurs' fans that night?

I've been to most home Spurs games this season and that was by far the worst Atmosphere. It was cold midweek game where the trains were screwed and the game was pretty dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here