Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am surprised that you are somehow claiming this as some personal success, I and other posters claimed you were scaremongering when you stated that the UK might experience 'delayed medicine' and the UK would become the 'Wild West with medicine'.

You and other posters claimed the UK after Brexit wouldn't be able to access cancer drugs nor other critical medicines, I and other posters countered that thisby saying this was never likely to happen.

The problem is that if you had just posted 1) MHRA continues to operate with the EMA...only possible with a very soft Brexit due to the complex pan-EU pharma laws. that might have been quite reasonable, but of course you didnt you added other likely disaster scenarios that always to me remained absurd.

Come back when the UK has delayed critical medicines and has become the 'Wild West' with medicine and you might then have a morsel of point.

You really do yourself no favours. Everyone can see I gave 3 outcomes. But, they were only probable outcomes, obviously some were more probable than others. And it doesn’t really matter what the other two were because I never said they, in my opinion, would happen. And 2) and 3) do happen around the world.

You regularly show your lack of basic comprehension, understanding and in this instance simple logic, so I doubt you’ll fully grasp what I’ve just typed. Besides, in your head you always think you’re right, remember your bizarre exchange with [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] and Guy Butters? Have a nice day oh “sporty popular” one :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to admit to a little begrudging admiration each time you manage to take NSC ****wittery to a new level :thumbsup:

:lolol: I wonder if he knows he can actually stop?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry to be a pain. Can you do me a favour? Just ****off from this thread for 24 hours and let the grown ups talk about the matter in hand without your endless bullshite. By all means come back tomorrow but just 24 hours respite from your arsewittery would be a real treat. Just give us a bit of grown up time, yeah?

How old are you [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]?

Genuinely interested to know.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You really do yourself no favours. Everyone can see I gave 3 outcomes. But, they were only probable outcomes, obviously some were more probable than others. And it doesn’t really matter what the other two were because I never said they, in my opinion, would happen. And 2) and 3) do happen around the world.

You regularly show your lack of basic comprehension, understanding and in this instance simple logic, so I doubt you’ll fully grasp what I’ve just typed. Besides, in your head you always think you’re right, remember your bizarre exchange with [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] and Guy Butters? Have a nice day oh “sporty popular” one :lolol:

But my retort was about the other two outcomes that you added to show how the UK basically couldn't survive Brexit, you do it all the time, you did recently when unemployment rose by 0.1% citing it as some sort of indicator of a failing UK, you forget to add (didnt know) though that unemployment was still 123000 lower than the year previously, you did it with the trade deficit and you do it all the time and you are doing it now.

The UK won't in your words ''have delayed medicines'' or won't become the ''Wild West'' of pharmaceuticals, just another example of you spouting rubbish for political effect.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Old enough to know better. Young enough not to care.

He/she/it. Will be asking to see a picture of you in your disco shorts next and furiously trying to find your tinder profile.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But my retort was about the other two outcomes that you added to show how the UK basically couldn't survive Brexit, you do it all the time, you did recently when unemployment rose by 0.1% citing it as some sort of indicator of a failing UK, you forget to add (didnt know) though that unemployment was still 123000 lower than the year previously, you did it with the trade deficit and you do it all the time and you are doing it now.

The UK won't in your words ''have delayed medicines'' or won't become the ''Wild West'' of pharmaceuticals, just another example of you spouting rubbish.

But your focussing on these two options which I didn’t think will happen is a classic straw man.

I can’t be arsed to yet again find numerous alternative ways of explaining myself in the hope the penny finally drops with you; I tried this last time but you repeatedly got the wrong end of the stick. Our original discussion is at post #38404; folk can go and take a look if they really want.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The level of maturity in this thread is astounding.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So -

We want to stay in some EU institutions but not others
We want to accept ECJ rulings on some things but not others
We want to pay into some EU institutions but not others
We want to have controls over some goods but not others
We will accept some regulatory controls but not others

That's clear then. If the EU have a problem with that it's obvious to everyone that they're the troublemakers :facepalm:

TM's speech in full

And if the EU agree to allowing us access they are going to hammer us when it comes to costs.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If a few people rubbishing your posts gets you this upset probably best to try a different website. Can I recommend Thrinder?

There are two underlying assumptions in your post, one that I am upset, and two that the reason I am upset is because someone has rubbished something I posted.

What made you think I was upset? I think the level of conversation going on here in juvenile, that doesn't upset me though, why would it?

I also wasn't responding to anyone rubbishing anything I had posted either.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are two underlying assumptions in your post, one that I am upset, and two that the reason I am upset is because someone has rubbished something I posted.

What made you think I was upset? I think the level of conversation going on here in juvenile, that doesn't upset me though, why would it?

I also wasn't responding to anyone rubbishing anything I had posted either.

You seem upset.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You seem upset.
giphy.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here