Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from Peter Ward and Dean Wilkins and Steve Foster and Steve Sidwell and Bobby Zamora and Glenn Murray, when has re-signing or loaning an old player ever worked for us?

Lua Lua

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd rather have a loan player such as Leo who has a great connection and affinity with the club. He'd be up for the challenge straight away and would do his best for the team.

This is by far and away the only selling point for this deal.
After a succession of loanees who can easily be accused of turning up, not bothering, then feckin off again.
At least we can look forward to a loan player coming into the squad and giving 100% from the start.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't think he meant to be partonising, he was just trying to help you understand how Chris picks the team.
CH is not always right it was a mess against Chelsea, suicide in fact to try and play Chelsea at their own game. All wide men have good and bad games but when he's on it (Jose) he is the only player we have that causes panic in the opposition box at this level. IMO of course

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CH is not always right it was a mess against Chelsea, suicide in fact to try and play Chelsea at their own game. All wide men have good and bad games but when he's on it (Jose) he is the only player we have that causes panic in the opposition box at this level. IMO of course

Jose Is also the only one who seems able to play a short pass into or in the box without panicking, whilst looking for the return....which seldom comes. He needs to play even if it means we are not quite so strong defending the wings. Price to pay for a pacy outlet and creativity up front imo

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
It was a mess imho and agree about Jose,
but if we had ujoah, murray, hemed, loadia, and get in a decent attacking central midfielder, possably another defensive midfielder an centre half, I think we will be ok. But it's a big ask for the club to get in all these players. Stevens and Propper in his first year in English football have done amazing, but are they going 2 go the rest of the season with out getting injured. I hope so

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Ulloa is an improvement on what we currently have. If he is good enough to score the goals to keep us up, is another matter. I like Ulloa, but I'd like to see better coming in, if I'm honest. In our current predicament.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Ulloa is an improvement on what we currently have. If he is good enough to score the goals to keep us up, is another matter. I like Ulloa, but I'd like to see better coming in, if I'm honest. In our current predicament.

Ulloa and Locardia would represent a fairly significant strengthening of the front line ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa and Locardia would represent a fairly significant strengthening of the front line ?
Again when the the bar is set so low to solve the 'problem' significant strengthening could easily mean Les Ferdinand and Leon Best. :lol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Don't get your hopes to high about Locardia..Totally unproven at the level he is going in at. Currently injured and a Dutch correspondent on radio last week, said he isn't all that. Hughton will probably bench him or play him on wing anyway.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was a mess imho and agree about Jose,
but if we had ujoah, murray, hemed, loadia, and get in a decent attacking central midfielder, possably another defensive midfielder an centre half, I think we will be ok. But it's a big ask for the club to get in all these players. Stevens and Propper in his first year in English football have done amazing, but are they going 2 go the rest of the season with out getting injured. I hope so

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Spectacular effort here.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Leo did a great job for us but am not convinced about him now as the fifth choice striker at Leicester

The man who could spark us would be Shinji Okazaki

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
Ulloa is far better than Hemed, better finisher and stronger on the ball. Ulloa is much better with the ball than Murray is. I don’t quite understand the negativity, a week ago we had just signed a striker with pace and scores goals but now everyone wants the same striker again.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ulloa is far better than Hemed, better finisher and stronger on the ball. Ulloa is much better with the ball than Murray is. I don’t quite understand the negativity, a week ago we had just signed a striker with pace and scores goals but now everyone wants the same striker again.

This is NSC where your football hopes and dreams are laid to rest!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't quite understand the positivity.

To me it seems like a lot of posters have fond, but not quite accurate rosy specced, memories of a Championship striker, who left us 4 seasons ago to catch lightening in a bottle.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I don't quite understand the positivity.

To me it seems like a lot of posters have fond, but not quite accurate rosy specced, memories of a Championship striker, who left us 4 seasons ago to catch lightening in a bottle.

Agree with this. I always thought he was a bit too slow the last time round and he is never as sharp as Murray. The only thing on his side is the history and the (slight) age difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here