Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we go down if we don't sign anyone else this window.

Will we go down if we don't sign anyone else this window?

• Yes

Votes: 84 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 33.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
i don't know how to answer this poll. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. No idea. The league is going to be so tight.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
No idea. But if everyone thinks that we will get relegated, then we will.
Some alternative thinking might help.

How many of our players would be regulars in a mid premier side?

Without my BHA blinkers on - I would struggle at 3.

We are sleepwalking back down to the championship - there aren’t 3 worse sides than us regrettably

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’ll hold judgement until the Southampton match. A game that they will be up for & I fully expect us to set up as usual to sit back & hope for the draw or score (what’s that) on the break. Whilst not season defining I think if we lose the writing will be on the wall ..

Aaah....the tactics have proved so successful!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

We are sleepwalking back down to the championship - there aren’t 3 worse sides than us regrettably

I agree with you. Apart from Swansea Who I think are going fill one of the places. Our game plan is to defend and get a goal on the break. Unfortunately we seem to have lost the ability to defend

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No idea. But if everyone thinks that we will get relegated, then we will.
Some alternative thinking might help.

Ok.....I am gonna give it a go.
We have 14 games left, of which 5 are against the big six. So that is zero points. Of the remaining nine games, we have Saints, Stoke, Everton, Palace and Burnley away. Two draws from those games will be realistic. At home we have West Ham, Swansea, Huddersfield and Leics. Three wins and a draw would be very good. We have taken 8 points from the last 13 games and I am predicting 12 from the last 14 games. Total 35 points.
Well....I tried.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Probably a few at best and you get the feeling the best days are long gone and can't see many more wins on the horizon.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep tend to agree as feel others around us have a far stronger squads :)
If you can't score a goal you're going down it's that simple.

It helps to defend properly as well.
We have centre backs playing like headless chickens and yesterday was a complete shambles. All discipline seems to have gone out the window, together with our GD. If we were tight at the back, I would hold out some hope but the signs are not good.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's 11 versus 11 as long as we all get behind the team we will survive oh shit I forgot about the refs

Oh please....not that old chestnut....." we should have had two penalties " etc. Its masking a desperately poor defensive performance, that was only kept in check by some superb saves from Ryan. Chelsea could have scored 6 or 7.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

How many would or wouldn't is of no relevance to me. Our success has been based upon togetherness, teamwork, team spirit, good organisation, players knowing their roles and executing them properly. Oh, and POSITIVE thinking. Get back to those basics and who knows what can happen, whether we bring in more players or not.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
How I rate our chances

No signings, Locadia is a flop: 35%
No signings, Locadia is injured for longer than we'd want but eventually scores a few: 45%
No signings, Locadia is fit for West Ham and gets going soon afterwards: 55%
No signings, Locadia is fit for West Ham and hits the ground running: 65%

One signing (Gross cover that can play wide), Locadia is a flop: 40%
One signing (Gross cover that can play wide), Locadia is injured for longer than we'd want but eventually scores a few: 50%
One signing (Gross cover that can play wide), Locadia is fit for West Ham and gets going soon afterwards: 60%
One signing (Gross cover that can play wide), Locadia is fit for West Ham and hits the ground running: 70%

Two signings (Gross cover & New CM), Locadia is a flop: 45%
Two signings (Gross cover & New CM), Locadia is injured for longer than we'd want but eventually scores a few: 55%
Two signings (Gross cover & New CM), Locadia is fit for West Ham and gets going soon afterwards: 65%
Two signings (Gross cover & New CM), Locadia is fit for West Ham and hits the ground running: 75%

No signings other than Messi: 65%

Last edited:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Ok.....I am gonna give it a go.
We have 14 games left, of which 5 are against the big six. So that is zero points. Of the remaining nine games, we have Saints, Stoke, Everton, Palace and Burnley away. Two draws from those games will be realistic. At home we have West Ham, Swansea, Huddersfield and Leics. Three wins and a draw would be very good. We have taken 8 points from the last 13 games and I am predicting 12 from the last 14 games. Total 35 points.
Well....I tried.

A rational analysis there, based on current form. My son and I came up with an almost identical analysis earlier today, only difference being that we went for 3 away draws in the 5 away games you mention, with a prediction of Albion finishing on 36 points. Whether that’ll be enough to stay up, who knows? It might (just) be this season, given how tight things are among the teams at the foot of the table. This suggests (i) we may very well need a result (or two?) against a top six team to enhance our survival prospects, plus (ii) we'll almost certainly need to amass 7/8 points from our next 4 games (Stains A, West Ham H, Stoke A, Swansea H) to be in with a shout of safety. It’s going to be an extremely tough season finale and, as we all know, we need to find our scoring boots ASAP! Stains away on Wednesday week is now huge. Keep the faith and UTA!:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here