Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Watching it on catchup now.

It's effin' terrible. Firstly, get presenters who have a clue what they're talking about, go back to a linear format, there's no need to switch between leagues - considering it's the first league weekend of the season i looked up from my laptop and couldn't work out what league the teams were playing in as there's no order.
I like Virgo but he was pants on that. The live format just doesn't work either.

And the audience? Looked like a bunch of homeless people that they've given shirts to and told them to stand there. Needless.

Doesn't make me want to watch it again, and I like watching the lower league highlights - I tuned into FLS more than I did MOTD but they've balled this right up.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Can't wait to see it next week to see what changes (if any) are bought in, I don't think I can remember a tv show that has been as universally panned as this one.

Most people will give it one more go or just watch again for comic value but if no changes are made they will lose all their audience, I can't believe lessons wern't learnt after Wimbledon2day which could of been made by the same company.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Once again, you never realise just how superb the BBC is until you see someone else coming along and making such a total balls up whilst basically trying to do the same thing: show FL highlights. Should be simple enough.

There's a wider message here, amongst this current vile Tory witchhunt against the BBC. You really don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Once again, you never realise just how superb the BBC is until you see someone else coming along and making such a total balls up whilst basically trying to do the same thing: show FL highlights. Should be simple enough.

There's a wider message here, amongst this current vile Tory witchhunt against the BBC. You really don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Rubbish. FOX News is the only way forwards.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just watched it and Christ what a pile of shite it was:nono:
Is this what TV is becoming now?
You just want the basics with no drama and you get a pathetic audience and a very extremely disjointed package....Bloody reminds me of that shower of shite the X factor.

Christ modern day football just doesn't seem to be about the football anymore does it...Won't be watching that crap again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Utter crap. Turned it off after 5 minutes. Unbelievably amateurish.

Channel 5 + sport = unmitigated disaster. What were the FL thinking?

Never did I think I'd miss Steve Claridge.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was awful. It makes no sense to flit around the leagues like that. I wonder if they're trying to stop people watching just the league their interested in - if so, why? I thought the BBC version had the format spot on, despite the dodgy presenters and pundits.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
With the format similar to Top Gear, a studio audience is just not required and adds to the cheapness feeling throughout. Utter pants even Virgo looked like a plum just stood there not saying anything....

Shambles of a show with no structure, style, or quality...

Big thumbs down...

Your's

Mr Angry, East Brighton.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
After reading all this I'm intrigued. Can it be watched online?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I think they're doing a good job with the Ashes

Really.....

5 minutes before and after of Mark Nicholas talking about how gorgoeus he is....

10 minutes looking at a scoreboard of what the score is at that one moment in time (even though the day is over)

10 minutes of "the analyst" telling us all how person x is batting or bowling eventhough the analyst top score in first class cricket was 50 odd and he never even came close to playing international cricket.

10 minutes of ads

Leaves us with about the 20 minutes of cricket highlights we actually see

.....grrrr....just show us the blinking cricket!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to a quote in yesterdays Star, arent they owned by the same person, Ch 5 were very plesed with the show and are confident more liked it than didnt and it will grow on those who didnt. I thought it was rubbish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its actually so bad that I'm going to watch it again this week, just out of morbid fascination. Its genuinely astonishing that a show as shoddy as this can still go out in 2015, its a real throwback. We've become so accustomed to sports presentation being slick and professional these days that its quite refreshing to see a complete trainwreck like this come along. Maybe that was the aim - if it was, then I have to say its genius.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to a quote in yesterdays Star, arent they owned by the same person, Ch 5 were very plesed with the show and are confident more liked it than didnt and it will grow on those who didnt. .

My fear is that it will still get decent audience figures because people will still want to see their teams 'highlights' - so Ch 5 will continue deluding themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here