Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Before this thread disappears in the minutiae of pedantic guess work it's worth repeating the point that, at The Amex, we tend to treat away fans as adult human beings and the result is generally well behaved away fans and minimal arrests. The most it's kicked off is when we enforced all sorts of conditions on Palace this season. Even Millwall were repelled by the mighty blue netting. We've had West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal this season and all three passed off remarkably peacefully.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No but it's a civil liberty to be able to walk down the street without having to provide photo ID.

And, as others have said a) this should have been very clear in the terms and conditions when the ticket was purchased - explicitly stated at point of sale - and b) what about people with 1901 tickets in their firm's name. I was lucky enough to get to go to Arsenal with my mate who used his company's 1901 tickets but I'm glad I didn't ask him to try for Palace now.

It's against my civil liberties not to be able to walk into a football ground without a ticket etc etc. This isn't about being able to walk down the street it is simply about making sure those that have bought tickets are the people using them to get into the game. Didn't anyone moan at old trafford when you had show your tickets when approaching the stadium?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
*Just storm the turnstiles and hospitalise anyone getting in the way, the palace fans did it without any comeback whatsoever so I can’t see it being much of a problem. Take your fireworks and knuckle dusters too while you’re at it.

:lolol:

*Do NOT do this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely the least enjoyable away trip of the season. Herded around like animals, ID checks, held back at the end in a dilapidated toilet of a ground, kettled back to the station. Bollocks to all that. Life's too short.

Pub, barstool and moody stream. Lovely.

This, absolutely so.

The grimmest away day there is, and the Arthur Wait is the direst stand in the league.

anyone who 's prepared to sell their soul to that crap needs to give their head a wobble , better off boycotting the game completely IMHO
regards
DR

This as well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You're NOT SURE? But you thought you'd reply to the point just in case? And you really do think everyone on here reads every word you post don't you? News flash, I normally skim read your posts at best.

Who trod on your corns? Palace said they cancelled some of their fans season tickets so it wasn't all the ticketless fans who caused the problems.

People are free to read my posts just the same as any posts on here, or to ignore them. I don't think anyone should read mine so I don't know why you should accuse me of that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
*Just storm the turnstiles and hospitalise anyone getting in the way, the palace fans did it without any comeback whatsoever so I can’t see it being much of a problem. Take your fireworks and knuckle dusters too while you’re at it.

:lolol:

*Do NOT do this.

If this fails find the nearest wooden seat , urinal or car aerial and do your worst .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
It's against my civil liberties not to be able to walk into a football ground without a ticket etc etc. This isn't about being able to walk down the street it is simply about making sure those that have bought tickets are the people using them to get into the game. Didn't anyone moan at old trafford when you had show your tickets when approaching the stadium?

I went to OT and I didn’t have to show my ticket anywhere other than the turnstile. I did, however agree with the massive thread on here complaining about their draconian guidelines on searches, arrival times and bags.

Whatabouting Man U seems a bit pointless anyway. FCUM was formed precisely because many ordinary fans find them beyond the pale, leaving corporate tourists who’ll put up with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Who trod on your corns? Palace said they cancelled some of their fans season tickets so it wasn't all the ticketless fans who caused the problems.

People are free to read my posts just the same as any posts on here, or to ignore them. I don't think anyone should read mine so I don't know why you should accuse me of that.

Go back over a few of your recent posts and count the number of times you’ve used the word “I”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
These measures do seem fairly draconian, it makes you wonder what happens when other rivals play each other in the PL. Do Arsenal insist on this when they play Spurs for example?

I honestly don't know.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They won't stop people going in, it'll cause more trouble!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So pyros, knuckle-dusters and knives are not expressly forbidden then?

Game on.

Nor are tactical nuclear weapons, but that might just be taking things a bit far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here