Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace beamback

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Certain people appear to believe that they have to be seen to hate Palace to be taken as a true Brighton supporter. I do not agree with that as I am a true Brighton fan but have no feelings for or against Palace unlike my sons.

Do you have to hate a team to enjoy the rivalry? I would not agree with that.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Certain people appear to believe that they have to be seen to hate Palace to be taken as a true Brighton supporter. I do not agree with that as I am a true Brighton fan but have no feelings for or against Palace unlike my sons.

The majority on NSC don't fecking care what you think :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whats the chant 'stand up if you hate Palace' . If the club can make money out of beam back then by all means do it but I wouldnt bother I would rather watch a stream.
Good, there's nowhere to take the weight off your feet in the concourse anyway

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our rivalry with Palace didnt start until the 70s
So?
Our rivalry with Portsmouth was uppermost in my formative years of watching the Albion in the 50s. Living in Worthing as a lad other than watching Worthing wth Reggie Bowlers and the Bloom brothers you chose to either go to The Goldstone or Fratton Park to support BHA or Porftsmouth I chose Brighton.
So? If you grew up in between Palace and Brighton, you'd choose to follow Palace or Brighton, and you'd know people who chose differently. Same principle, different region of Sussex. At least with the Palace rivalry they feel the same about us, no one at Portsmouth cares.

As regards the Charlton beam back I didnt class them as rivals as such other than it was at a time that we needed the points so it was of great interest to us. By the time we play Palace I think that we will be safe so the result to us will be of no consequence.
We've only got 3 games before that one, the chances are we'll still be under 40 points.

Certain people appear to believe that they have to be seen to hate Palace to be taken as a true Brighton supporter.
Not at all. You don't hate them that's fine, you don't like Portsmouth, that's fine. I hate Palace, not for you or anyone else, and I don't need your permission.

I am not steering away from the OP just pointing out that I do not see any justification in having a beam back and the expense involved just to satisfy a few egos.
To satisfy egos? You're being dumb. A beam back would be to satisfy the demand for one, and people would pay to go which would cover the expense. If people want to see the game live, why shouldn't they be allowed to? Because when you grew up near Worthing, Palace weren't our rivals :facepalm:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So?
So? If you grew up in between Palace and Brighton, you'd choose to follow Palace or Brighton, and you'd know people who chose differently. Same principle, different region of Sussex. At least with the Palace rivalry they feel the same about us, no one at Portsmouth cares.

We've only got 3 games before that one, the chances are we'll still be under 40 points.

Not at all. You don't hate them that's fine, you don't like Portsmouth, that's fine. I hate Palace, not for you or anyone else, and I don't need your permission.

To satisfy egos? You're being dumb. A beam back would be to satisfy the demand for one, and people would pay to go which would cover the expense. If people want to see the game live, why shouldn't they be allowed to? Because when you grew up near Worthing Palace weren't our rivals :facepalm:
Exactly!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Too true. A true Albion fans hears rumours in Burgess Hill and knows a good roast. Too right Blenkinsop.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Stamford Bridge match was 42 years ago!! Hardly a flash in the pan and totally justified as our biggest and fiercest rivals, traditional or not.

The club will make money from a beamback and I suspect there will be a high demand. If you don't like the idea, then **** off you ****!
Fair point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was the season before the cup replay and both sides were pushing for promotion from Div 3 so a large crowd would have been expected in a match between promotion rivals.

Which was before Mullery and the League Cup run. As a kid I remember hatred/mocking of Peter Taylor their winger on the night, smoke bombs from the bad losers in the South Stand and newspapers covering violence the next day. There was a big edge between the A23 rivals.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If my memory serves me right, the last Saturday 3pm Beamback was Forest last season. Did Palace not do a beamback for our home game earlier this season ?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is there a loyalty point threshold for beambacks or is it open to non-ST holders from the get-go?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which was before Mullery and the League Cup run. As a kid I remember hatred/mocking of Peter Taylor their winger on the night, smoke bombs from the bad losers in the South Stand and newspapers covering violence the next day. There was a big edge between the A23 rivals.

Which is what I explained as we were both going for promotion from Div 3.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am not steering away from the OP just pointing out that I do not see any justification in having a beam back and the expense involved just to satisfy a few egos.

Whoever created this algorithm is a genius. There is simply NO WAY a real individual would write a response like that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is there a loyalty point threshold for beambacks or is it open to non-ST holders from the get-go?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

In the past they’ve been open to all I believe. season ticket holders and members at least.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
To be fair to BG, I spoke to my Dad a while back about footballing rivalries and - anecdotally at least - he said Pompey had the worst (travelling) fans, worse even than Palace and Millwall. I guess it depends on individual experiences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here