Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm a real man. Simple things you've done that makes you feel like a god

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I do Man stuff all the time, but it isn't the building of a shed in the garden, nor the filling of it with tools and bits of wood you don't need, it's the stick in the corner that I keep just for stirring paint that lets me know I am a MAN.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I delivered my 2nd child in the back of my car in lower rock gardens (this wasn't the intended birth place) - admittedly she was working harder than me

That, or

Rodding the drains with my own drain rods

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think plumbers should get far more credit, they supply you with warmth, running water and the ability to take a dump in the comfort of your own home.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

And they charge you extortionate amounts for doing so. Sorry unsure I should be on this thread as I am a mere woman:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And they charge you extortionate amounts for doing so. Sorry unsure I should be on this thread as I am a mere woman[emoji38]ol:
Not all of them [emoji6]

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
So I fixed my boiler today providing heat for my family. It was a simple task of clearing the ice from the condensing pipe. However I feel manly and dominant like a hunter gatherer. I stepped up and delivered.

So what other relatively (or completely) simple jobs have you done that have impressed family or friends and made you feel for once not a complete tard?
Well done you. I replaced the knackered flush valve in our cistern and then repaired leak under sink (perished rubber seal) taking apart a maze of compression joints, full clean (horrible) and then reassembled without leak. Simple shit but my balls did swell with pride for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not all of them [emoji6]

No to be fair you are right not all of them. Living where we do, our plumber is a Palace fan, but is one of the nicest blokes ever. If I need anything done urgently I just don't mention how much better we are than them or my very poor Zaha diving joke.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
So I fixed my boiler today providing heat for my family. It was a simple task of clearing the ice from the condensing pipe. However I feel manly and dominant like a hunter gatherer. I stepped up and delivered.

So what other relatively (or completely) simple jobs have you done that have impressed family or friends and made you feel for once not a complete tard?

Why didn’t you just leave your heating on constant but low when no one is there whilst it’s so cold?

I mean it’s not that manly to fix something you broke...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think plumbers should get far more credit, they supply you with warmth, running water and the ability to take a dump in the comfort of your own home.

I don't know what's so special about moving a bit of water around. I carried a glass of it from the kitchen to the bedroom last night (without displaying my arse-crack) :wink:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Used Gorilla Tape to cover a hole and crack in the garage window..probably saved us hundreds of pounds.
Went under the stairs and mended a fuse with the nonchalant flick of the wrist.
Just this morning I cleared a path to enable the cat to reach her favourite location for a dump (under a tree) without getting her paws wet in the snow. Worked like a dream and saved someone in the family from having to engage with clumping cat litter.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Being a man isn't what you do its what you are, your moral character, how you would respond in the worst possible situation in a way a woman isn't likely to.

Anyone can fix stuff, kids can fx stuff. Ive fixed washing machines, computers or got my mother of BT on deregulation so phonecall charges fell for her calls to Australia from £3.30 to 10p a minute. It doesn't make me feel like a man, being a man has nothing to do with feelings as thats woman stuff. Being a man is about having a sense of duty, to family, community and country. And being responsible enough to step up when duty calls.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Being a man isn't what you do its what you are, your moral character, how you would respond in the worst possible situation in a way a woman isn't likely to.

Anyone can fix stuff, kids can fx stuff. Ive fixed washing machines, computers or got my mother of BT on deregulation so phonecall charges fell for her calls to Australia from £3.30 to 10p a minute. It doesn't make me feel like a man, being a man has nothing to do with feelings as thats woman stuff. Being a man is about having a sense of duty, to family, community and country. And being responsible enough to step up when duty calls.

All true but missing the point of the thread. I want to know what silly little pathetic thing you have ever done that has been done many times by anyone else but makes you feel like a rock star. The chest beating moments when you are proud to be alive and at the top of your game. You can be a man and have feelings, you can strive for greatness in this world a step at a time.

I don't care for really talented or clever people - there is no room on this thread for them. Its about the little things.

Later I am going shopping and I will carry all of the bags in from the car AT ONCE. no messing about. And I will show off the handle marked hands to my wife for validation.

Beat that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here