Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Super Bowl LII: New England Patriots v Philadelphia Eagles **Official Match Thread**

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can never understand the hype about this game which has no reason to be shown in the uk and is of very little interest to the vast majority of the people. Perhaps its me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can never understand the hype about this game which has no reason to be shown in the uk and is of very little interest to the vast majority of the people. Perhaps its me.
It's sport BG. Some people like different sports. I find egg chasing the most mind numbingly boring thing ever.

I couldn't care less about the Six Nations but it's publicised everywhere as being really important..... and fair enough. Some people like to watch fat men running into each other. To each their own.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Amazing match, I think the best team won and I can't remember ever watching a team go through a match without punting or their QB getting sacked.

They SACK people during a match? Seems a bit harsh.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Yes because playing it the middle of the night effect lots of prime time TV and only 17 people go and watch the games London

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes because playing it the middle of the night effect lots of prime time TV and only 17 people go and watch the games London
I think there were about 20 of us on here who watched it. Clearly no real interest in the game. [emoji6]

Were there any punts in the game? I can't remember seeing any.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand is that they tried to get it to take off in this country but there was a distinct lack of interest so why bother to show it for a few.

This is possibly because I do not understand the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it nobody else listened to this:-

Bet The Process

https://soundcloud.com/bettheprocess/bet-the-process-episode-23

Jeff Ma & Rufus Peabody talk propbets, think Tony Bloom bearing his soul.
All that's missing is Hot Hands Spazgoula.

when taking about bets I seem to remember Rufus saying missed kicks and 2 point attempts was were you'd find the value bets.
Although as said these 2 only really talk in a language Mr Bloom would understand.
(Jeff Ma is the card counting shark that the film 21 is based on)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here we go again.

The algorithm is extrapolating it's world and applying it to the rest of the country.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What I dont understand is that they tried to get it to take off in this country but there was a distinct lack of interest so why bother to show it for a few.

This is possibly because I do not understand the game.

BG old boy, they first started showing the game in the 80’s on Channel 4, watched my first Super Bowl in 86, Bears v Pats in the Super Dome NO, Pats lost that one too btw, I promise you it took off !! They sell out 3 games a season in London!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here