Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Carragher spits at fan (young girl)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Your latter point is nonsensical. Everyone has different breaking points for different things.

As to your first point, do you think because he lives in the public eye, the public then have the right to treat him differently than they would any other person they met on the street, just because he’s famous?

No he should be treated no differently, which is why he should be in court for his actions, but hes not. Therefore by definition he is not being treted the same as the rest of us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You haven’t disagreed with it, but by putting your focus on one person when there are two involved illustrates a lack of interest in the whole context and the severity of the two separate incidents.
No it doesn't. Both adults committed a crime. The one the driver committed (filming) did not affect Jamie. Thousands of people commit crimes every day, I can't get interested in them all. I'm not interested in the driver other than to say that he committed a crime and should be prosecuted. I am more interested in the crime Jamie committed because it disgusts me and I don't want to have to watch him talking about football.
You’ve then, in your second paragraph, illustrated why it is only Carragher you’re interested in, which proves that you really are only arguing one point of view
No, it's not one point of view, it's just one case. I'm just interested in his case, but I am able to look at all points of view relating to his case.
(and the fact that you feel you have a right to have such a strong view of something that happened in his personal life because you “pay his wages” only further highlights just how prevalent the initial article I posted is - you’re a case in point for the type of ownership that the article is describing!).
No I am not. The article talks about how members of the public treat celebrities when they see them. I'm not doing that. If I pay Sky Sports to provide me with football matches and analysis, then of course I have an interest in the quality of those matches and the presenters. Just as people who pay for BT Sports complain about the quality of some of the pundits.

The article isn’t solely about Carragher’s actions (why do you call him Jamie - are you on first name terms with him?).
What a stupid question. I'm saying Jamie because it's easy. Have you never referred to one of our players by their first name?
The article itself condones Carragher’s actions as an isolated incident, as I have, but it’s looking at the wider picture of why such incidences happen and why he deal with celebrities as we do.
I agree that some people shouldn't treat celebrities the way they do, some people are idiots. Like the driver in this case, he was a ****. Taking into account that he was a ****, I find Jamie's actions wholly unacceptable, and I don't think he is the sort of person that should be presenting for Sky.
You haven’t really referenced any of it
Wrong, I've made comments before in this thread about the driver being a ****. I don't need to go off on a tangent about how celebrities are treated in general, because as above, even with the driver's actions taken into account, I still find Jamie's actions unacceptable.
you’ve simply condoned Carragher’s actions without looking at the context or the bigger picture
Wrong.
and you haven’t put your arguments in the context that the article puts them
Wrong.
I mean you compared him to Saville after all!
And wrong again. I made it clear I was not comparing the two, I was simply pointing out that saying 'there is always another side' is daft. What, in your opinion, justified Jamie's actions?

But I get it, you think he’s done wrong and that’s that. You do pay his wages after all, so let’s just get on with crucifying the guy.
Crucifying? I just don't think he should have a job at Sky, that's hardly crucifying is it :rolleyes:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Your latter point is nonsensical. Everyone has different breaking points for different things.

As to your first point, do you think because he lives in the public eye, the public then have the right to treat him differently than they would any other person they met on the street, just because he’s famous?

If he wants to be treated like a normal person, pretending he's the Einstein of Footballl on national TV hardly helps. I used to think Andy Gray was cringey, but the spit machine takes it to another level. In the words of Jimmy Greaves "football is a simple game made complicated by simple people"

Why doesn't he do normal things like what Zamora has got himself involved in after retirement? He's crying about the treatment he gets from the public, but it's his choice to act like such a pleb whenever he's actually on the big screen. He's literally a complete football fruitcake who really needs to find himself a life outside of a game called football. It's all gone to his head way too much hence why he gobbed on someone's daughter who taunted him with a football scoreline. To Jamie, those taunts were the football equivalent to Racism or Homophobic abuse etc. He can't get the contrast because he see's football as if it's the meaning to life.
It's sad because there's kids watching this freak of a pundit thinking this is how you talk football, when intact, this is how you become very unpopular as well as never getting laid.

The reason why England always do crap in internationals is because we take the game far too seriously in our country. People like Gary Neville and Mucus Carragher epitomise why there's so much pressure on footballers shoulders in this country with their 'no room for error' punditry crap.

I would suggest to any kid playing the game to not listen to these football pundit weirdo's and just go out and enjoy the game and don't get too upset if you lose, after all, it's just a game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here