Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we are promoted, and Middlesborough relegated....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do not believe that itr is is TB remit or intention for us to be struggling and I hope that we dont but of last years squad the only ones that I think will make the step up to Premier level are Stephens, Dunk Duffy Stockdale if he signs possibly March Murray and Knockhaert on odd occasions but not for the entire season and being bench players. I believe that we will have a much harder time than most on here seem to think.

I think you maybe suprised BG, there are always a few who step up that you didnt think would.

No one really thinks it is going to be easy, and certainly no one within the club.

But if you think Stockdale, Dunk, Duffy and Stephens are good enough... then i definately think Knockaert, March and Murray are then that is almost a full side before new signings.

Team Spirit and organisation goes a long way as Burnley have proved, would i swap many of there players for ours.... a few maybe but not that many. I bet they would be ecstatic to get a few of ours...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you maybe suprised BG, there are always a few who step up that you didnt think would.
Absolutely. Just as there are likely to be one or two who may be expected to step up but then disappoint us. CH will undoubtedly have a better idea of who can and who can't step up than any of us on NSC (except in the matter of left backs, of course!) but I daresay even he will have a surprise or two - one way or the other.
Of course, we will need to strengthen the team. I'm just fascinated to see how, when and where we do it. What a smashing summer for an Albion fan!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

No one really thinks it is going to be easy, and certainly no one within the club.

But if you think Stockdale, Dunk, Duffy and Stephens are good enough... then i definately think Knockaert, March and Murray are then that is almost a full side before new signings.

Team Spirit and organisation goes a long way as Burnley have proved, would i swap many of there players for ours.... a few maybe but not that many. I bet they would be ecstatic to get a few of ours...

Don't underestimate the King, I think if he's given a fair crack and stays fit he will surprise more than a few, he wasn't being courted by some of the top clubs prior to his bad injury whilst at Celtic for nothing. Had he not broken his ankle early in the last season he would have been far more influential for us than he was and he still put in some good performances before and after his return.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Don't underestimate the King, I think if he's given a fair crack and stays fit he will surprise more than a few, he wasn't being courted by some of the top clubs prior to his bad injury whilst at Celtic for nothing. Had he not broken his ankle early in the last season he would have been far more influential for us than he was and he still put in some good performances before and after his return.

Agreed, Kayal is another who i expect to suit the Premier League more than some in our squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here