Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Official Vaping Thread"

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
What's your thoughts regarding new laws coming out with 10ml liquid bottles and 2ml tanks?
Looks like they're going to be properly regulated now

I now make my own liquid. Bought a litre of VG/PG, 100 mil nicotene and various flavouring concentrates few months ago and still have over 3/4's left! It's saved me a lot of money and also allows to gradually lower the nicotene each batch I make.

My advice to anyone who vapes is stock up while you can :)

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yeah agree, Brighton vape shop is the best, the Kaleidotropic flavour they have is banging.

Not once have I ever set an fire alarm off and I've used it on trains, work, buses. Was under the impression that as it isn't smoke it doesn't trigger alarms

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I now make my own liquid. Bought a litre of VG/PG, 100 mil nicotene and various flavouring concentrates few months ago and still have over 3/4's left! It's saved me a lot of money and also allows to gradually lower the nicotene each batch I make.

My advice to anyone who vapes is stock up while you can :)

Where did you get it? Is it a major saving?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Apart from helping you quit cigarettes just what is the point? It's a piss poor substitute for smoking imo. Do I want cherry flavoured tobacco? No because I'm not twelve. Do I want to crank it up and disappear in a cloud of smoke like a Rasta smoking a massive reefer, no. WTF is the point of vaping, someone please tell me. :shrug:

I say this as a non smoker for three years who vaped for a couple of weeks to help me give up. It was never any better than a really really poor substitute but I know people who gave up and now vape full time. Fecking odd imo.

I agree, but after smoking since I was 17 then switching to small cigars about 8 years ago I started to get bored of them and three weeks ago I bought one of those nicocig things that try to look like a fag.

I was surprised it lasted a week for £7 bargin. They produce a small amount of smoke, and I have since purchased the nicocig starter pack with a charger and two refills. The refills are 3 for £5 which is to me three weeks.

I see these as an effective way of quiting as long as you hide the plastic fag in your hand that is, so as not to look like a twonk and get that quick blast. I seem to just take maybe two or three drags and I'm good for several hours. I already feel the difference in my breathing and don't honk of cafe creme anymore.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
How is it setting a smoke alarm off when it's only steam ? Not doubting you at all but steam shouldn't be setting a smoke alarm off.

I see that vaping helps people stop smoking, so tick. It's just that those who indulge look like dicks and seem to carry themselves in such a smug, self satisfied way (look at me world, I'm not smoking now, but you can see that I used to, so applaud and admire me while I ostentatiously suck on this thing instead).

And worse, some places let them vape (what a horrible word) in places where they wouldn't be allowed to smoke, so double strength vanilla stink or whatever, plus extra clouds of smoke. Last week I went to a restaurant where a guy was vaping at the bar directly under the smoke detector. Nobody stopped him, so 5 smoke alarms went off. Staff didn't seem bothered and wandered around removing alarms from ceilings and walls at a leisurely pace while blaming an alarm in the back office.

But hey, if it stops people smoking by swapping addictions, then I guess it has it's place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree, but after smoking since I was 17 then switching to small cigars about 8 years ago I started to get bored of them and three weeks ago I bought one of those nicocig things that try to look like a fag.

I was surprised it lasted a week for £7 bargin. They produce a small amount of smoke, and I have since purchased the nicocig starter pack with a charger and two refills. The refills are 3 for £5 which is to me three weeks.

I see these as an effective way of quiting as long as you hide the plastic fag in your hand that is, so as not to look like a twonk and get that quick blast. I seem to just take maybe two or three drags and I'm good for several hours. I already feel the difference in my breathing and don't honk of cafe creme anymore.

I have a mate who uses one of these, he is now up to nearly 5 years with it and I just don't get why he hasn't stopped yet :shrug:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Where did you get it? Is it a major saving?

Yes, massive savings! I was spending atleast £5 every day or 2 on liquid before making my own. There is a huge stock clearance for Nicotene and Tanks (over 2 ml) on the first couple of links below - (Must be sold by 20th of May when the law comes in to effect.)

Nicotene: https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/100ml-titanium-ice-72mg-unflavoured-single-bottle.html

Tanks: https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ultimo-tank.html

VG/PG: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable...hash=item4d508606b4:m:m6n726dzaJF7MjWOsEEPW4A

Flavourings: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162364016...49&var=461395487204&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Apart from helping you quit cigarettes just what is the point? It's a piss poor substitute for smoking imo. Do I want cherry flavoured tobacco? No because I'm not twelve. Do I want to crank it up and disappear in a cloud of smoke like a Rasta smoking a massive reefer, no. WTF is the point of vaping, someone please tell me. :shrug:

I say this as a non smoker for three years who vaped for a couple of weeks to help me give up. It was never any better than a really really poor substitute but I know people who gave up and now vape full time. Fecking odd imo.

The purpose of vaping is to get the nicotine hit you craved as a smoker- without the harmful side effects of tobacco, fairly simple really.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The craziest thing about all this is that there are still smokers out there who haven't switched to ecigs.

All the fun of the nicotine without the coughing, bronchitis, stink, sinus infections, yellow teeth/fingers, gum disease, heart disease, furring of the arteries, cancer. (Yes I know ecigs are not considered 100% safe - about 96% safer than smoking though.)

Sulcy

Sep 23, 2015
As one of the pretentious twats everyone is referring to, i can confirm they set off fire alarms...
I feel a lot healthier vaping than smoking. Lungs don't feel anywhere near as tight and my fingers aren't stained yellow anymore which is nice.

I'm using this site at the moment https://www.zamplebox.com/ as it works out quite a lot cheaper. keeps the flavours varied as well.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
As one of the pretentious twats everyone is referring to, i can confirm they set off fire alarms...
I feel a lot healthier vaping than smoking. Lungs don't feel anywhere near as tight and my fingers aren't stained yellow anymore which is nice.

I'm using this site at the moment https://www.zamplebox.com/ as it works out quite a lot cheaper. keeps the flavours varied as well.
Had a quick look at that site. It's American isn't it.
Mind you they do the dinner lady lemon tart in a 60ml. Possibly the best flavoured vape I've ever had

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The purpose of vaping is to get the nicotine hit you craved as a smoker- without the harmful side effects of tobacco, fairly simple really.

However, vaping isn't without its side effects. 'Popcorn Lung' is one of them if scientists are to be believed.

I can't see how inhaling nicotine and flavours can be good for the body. The one good thing about vaping is that the smell doesn't hang around like tobacco smoke does.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Yes, massive savings! I was spending atleast £5 every day or 2 on liquid before making my own. There is a huge stock clearance for Nicotene and Tanks (over 2 ml) on the first couple of links below - (Must be sold by 20th of May when the law comes in to effect.)

Nicotene: https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/100ml-titanium-ice-72mg-unflavoured-single-bottle.html

Tanks: https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ultimo-tank.html

VG/PG: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable...hash=item4d508606b4:m:m6n726dzaJF7MjWOsEEPW4A

Flavourings: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162364016...49&var=461395487204&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks Arundel Seagull, will take a look

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

Sulcy

Sep 23, 2015
Had a quick look at that site. It's American isn't it.
Mind you they do the dinner lady lemon tart in a 60ml. Possibly the best flavoured vape I've ever had

Yeah it's American but shipping is normally quick.
Nice, just sorting my box for this month so I'll give that one a go!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
However, vaping isn't without its side effects. 'Popcorn Lung' is one of them if scientists are to be believed.

I can't see how inhaling nicotine and flavours can be good for the body. The one good thing about vaping is that the smell doesn't hang around like tobacco smoke does.

I dont know about the science of inhaling nicotine and flavours through vaping and if it is good for you,but i can compare it to cigs though, i took up vaping 3 months ago when i decided to use it as a tool to giving up smoking. I can already feel the benefits even whilst vaping. Things that were making me previously out of breath no longer make me out of breath, i can walk over further distances already before i start to feel its an impediment. Hopefully i can use this as a stepping stone to reversing years of neglect.

I use the vype epen......has suited me just fine......but i do get occasionally envious of some serious smoke exhalation.....is there a large smoke vape scenario someone could recommend for part time use

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I dont know about the science of inhaling nicotine and flavours through vaping and if it is good for you,but i can compare it to cigs though, i took up vaping 3 months ago when i decided to use it as a tool to giving up smoking. I can already feel the benefits even whilst vaping. Things that were making me previously out of breath no longer make me out of breath, i can walk over further distances already before i start to feel its an impediment. Hopefully i can use this as a stepping stone to reversing years of neglect.

I use the vype epen......has suited me just fine......but i do get occasionally envious of some serious smoke exhalation.....is there a large smoke vape scenario someone could recommend for part time use
I use a target pro with a 0.5 ohm coil set at 27 watts. 70/30 vg/pg.
Loads of vapour

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Having tried vaping it just hasn't worked for me, the liquid holder has always leaked and the things always burn out in about 3 days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here