Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do 1901ers get too many "loyalty" points?

D

Deleted member 2719

I have said it before and I will say it again, Corporate Albion doesn't give a stuff about the long term fan/Customer, your only as good as your last season.

Bring on the plastics.

This is not the Albion as we know it.

TheOldGirl

Jul 24, 2013
Saltdean
Very true. I purchased a 1901 membership with a lifetime seat licence pre the Amex opening and it knocked the stuffing out of me financially. I eventually sold 'in contract' and moved into the purchasers ESU seat (wasn't built at the time of 1901 purchase).

I myself have had to sit out a couple of home games this season so I could afford to go to the away games.

If regular season ticket holders approached Paul Barber and suggested 5 year contracts in exchange for extra points im sure he would consider it

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
just eliminate loyalty points for all home games.

Season tickets should only get you priority for your seat for cup games at the Amex. It's a nonsense system and always has been.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Generally, loyalty points scheme works well. I do think that a small proportion of tickets should be up for grabs regardless of LP (to STH, memberships etc) to encourage hope and interest. Not all home tickets are season tickets (4000?) to encourage hope and interest.
Good idea.

250 tickets in a random draw for each match would be a fantastic a new initiative.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have said it before and I will say it again, Corporate Albion doesn't give a stuff about the long term fan/Customer, your only as good as your last season.

Bring on the plastics.

This is not the Albion as we know it.

Even from the start of the Amex era an ST holder who regularly does 1 home cup game and 10 away games each season will start next season around 1115, so you do accumulate from each season. Continued attendance at games is rewarded year on year.

However in a nutshell here is the debate, you on the one hand complaining you're only as good as your last season, but given you accumulate the points over each season, then what about the younger fans who haven't had that history to build up points? They are left behind, so the old duffers who have been building up their points year on year get priority. The away end will just be a load of 50+ year olds complaining about all sorts of crap.

theboybilly

Generally, loyalty points scheme works well. I do think that a small proportion of tickets should be up for grabs regardless of LP (to STH, memberships etc) to encourage hope and interest. Not all home tickets are season tickets (4000?) to encourage hope and interest.

Spoken like a non-STH who doesn't do Championship aways. I would not be happy if we went to say, Bournemouth on the last day with something riding on the fixture and I missed out on attending because people won tickets in a ballot

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even from the start of the Amex era an ST holder who regularly does 1 home cup game and 10 away games each season will start next season around 1115, so you do accumulate from each season. Continued attendance at games is rewarded year on year.

However in a nutshell here is the debate, you on the one hand complaining you're only as good as your last season, but given you accumulate the points over each season, then what about the younger fans who haven't had that history to build up points? They are left behind, so the old duffers who have been building up their points year on year get priority. The away end will just be a load of 50+ year olds complaining about all sorts of crap.

That's a huge generalisation. Younger fans don't have mortgages or children, so can afford to go to more away games to accumulate points. I've also heard youngsters moaning and complaining.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's a huge generalisation. Younger fans don't have mortgages or children, so can afford to go to more away games to accumulate points. I've also heard youngsters moaning and complaining.

Oh come on, it was tongue in cheek!

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This rush for tickets in the north interests me. We didn't sell out the allocation at Burnley when going well in the Championship - so, same teams, same ground, same journey-time; would we really just sell out because we're in a higher league?

I suspect we might if it's one of the first away games of the season and have spent £60-70 million on new players.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This rush for tickets in the north interests me. We didn't sell out the allocation at Burnley when going well in the Championship - so, same teams, same ground, same journey-time; would we really just sell out because we're in a higher league?

There was hardly a mad scramble to go to Bournemouth last time round either, if I recall correctly. Granted it was during the Hyypia disaster (and on Sky), but even so...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The vast majority don't have mortgages, because they can't get away with paying on average 7.6x their salary and c£50,000 deposit in order to get one. Never mind, they have highly affordable rents to pay. Oh.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I think the issue is more that those 100 'bonus' points will be in place at the start of the season, not as and when the home cup matches happen. Non-corporate fans get the points once they've made the purchase AND the match has happened. That is clearly not even-handed.

what about giving the 1901 100pts, 50 in august and then 50 more in january ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think if you get a ticket for one game you should be at the back of the queue for the next one. Rotate it around, let all of us who want to go to away games, actually go. Its not fair that a couple of thousand people will be able to go to all the away games whilst the rest of us will have to make do with 3 or 4, and that'll be Hull and Stoke and Burnley. Lets have a bit of equity, ten games each.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think if you get a ticket for one game you should be at the back of the queue for the next one. Rotate it around, let all of us who want to go to away games, actually go. Its not fair that a couple of thousand people will be able to go to all the away games whilst the rest of us will have to make do with 3 or 4, and that'll be Hull and Stoke and Burnley. Lets have a bit of equity, ten games each.

23,000 season ticket holders (incl. 1901ers) and about 55,000 away tickets to be had. That's 2 and a bit each.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what about giving the 1901 100pts, 50 in august and then 50 more in january ?

how about making them equal to every other season ticket holder when it comes to away games and "attended loyalty" ........apart from the money they pump regarding home fixtures what makes them special in the context of away games?.....thats right........nothing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do 1901 members definitely get 1100 points? I tried checking on the club website and could only find that in 2012 they got 1030 points. http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/loyaltypoints/

Also at the fans forum in Bristol (?) earlier this season was it not also confirmed as 1030? Has it gone up recently?

Yes.

1901ers originally got 1030. The club then introduced a "gold" ST, which was for home league and cup games, and gave those holders 1050. Given 1901 tix include home cup games as well, the club then changed the 1901 starting LP level to 1100. I don't know why they didn't maintain the differential at 30 (thus giving 1901ers 1080 LP), but they didn't...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here