Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Stewart of Liverpool

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Be a solid signing. Would mean the end of Norwood or more likely Sidwell.

How would he be a solid signing ? He's hardly played. Complete unknown quantity, £10m on him would be bonkers. Hopefully this is just the usual agent bollocks, feeding speculative twaddle to the papers just to get his name out there.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Besides this is just lazy journalism, I expect the bulk of our signings to come from Europe. We seem to have quite a lot of activity in Portugal which seems to be a market where you can get decent value.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bmuff paid 15 million for Ibe..... so they probably feel someone will pay 10 forhim, he may well be a very good player i have not seen much of him to know.

10 sounds heavy though, would rather see us loan someone than splash 10 on someone who has had little first team game time at the age of 23 or whatever he is.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
How would he be a solid signing ? He's hardly played. Complete unknown quantity, £10m on him would be bonkers. Hopefully this is just the usual agent bollocks, feeding speculative twaddle to the papers just to get his name out there.

He absolutely smashed for me second season on FIFA...

In all seriousness he is a good player in my opinion. Breaks up play very well. I know he has limited experience, especially at the top level but the talent is there. If rumours are to be believed Hughton must agree with that analysis. Klopp a fan too. If they both rate him that is good enough for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For all those saying he's too expensive need to remember the club were all for spending a similar amount on pilchard.

Besides this is just lazy journalism, I expect the bulk of our signings to come from Europe. We seem to have quite a lot of activity in Portugal which seems to be a market where you can get decent value.
I can't help thinking CH prefers his signing from the UK, while the club (for obvious reasons) would rather go further afield.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Your right, I think we can expect Kevin Stewart to be the first, in what will be a close season of an awful lot of unsubstantiated rumours.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your right, I think we can expect Kevin Stewart to be the first, in what will be a close season of an awful lot of unsubstantiated rumours.

Great isn't it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC really needs to raise it's game though.
You can't rely on me to do the decent thing, a few more of you need to step up:-

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He absolutely smashed for me second season on FIFA...

In all seriousness he is a good player in my opinion. Breaks up play very well. I know he has limited experience, especially at the top level but the talent is there. If rumours are to be believed Hughton must agree with that analysis. Klopp a fan too. If they both rate him that is good enough for me.

Rubbish analysis. If Klopp was a fan, he'd be in the team. He isn't. We won't sign Kevin Stewart, we'll sign players capable of playing in the Premier League.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be a solid signing. Would mean the end of Norwood or more likely Sidwell.

Why? Is he AM or DM if he is the AM that we need we would still need cover for DM which would be either Sidwell or Norwood that is assuming they offer Sidwell another contract. If the £ are right we could have both but £10m seems a lot for a 24 year old not proven at that level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rubbish analysis. If Klopp was a fan, he'd be in the team. He isn't. We won't sign Kevin Stewart, we'll sign players capable of playing in the Premier League.
Shirley that all depends on which end of the Premier League you're playing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We can do much better is my thoughts for much less money.

Crikey for 5 million more you could pick Cairney up... id like to see his show reel..

Not that i want us to spend 15 on him, much better value abroad.

If we are going to spend10 million or so it has to be on forwards...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Shirley that all depends on which end of the Premier League you're playing.

Yes and no. Anyone could play in the Premier League, including you, me and the milkman. But we'd be about as woefully exposed as the entire Derby team which managed to get smashed every week and collect the fewest points in history so far. Theirs was a pathetic team, and even they wouldn't have been interested in the Kevin Stewart of the time.

And don't call me Shirley.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why? Is he AM or DM if he is the AM that we need we would still need cover for DM which would be either Sidwell or Norwood that is assuming they offer Sidwell another contract. If the £ are right we could have both but £10m seems a lot for a 24 year old not proven at that level.

Remember though, that £10m seems to be a figure that Jurgen Klopp has just drawn out of the air. It doesn't mean that he won't be sold for less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here