Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watches

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Had these little trinkets since 1985 wear
the watch all the time ,the ring for special occasion
attachment.php

Is the ring for when there's just not enough bling on display?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I have had a titanium Breitling, a Tag and a Oris in my time. However I have now turned my back on expensive watches as they are the biggest con going. I had nothing but trouble with the Breitling including having one of the hands full off whilst I was swimming. I returned it to Breitling and they wanted to charge me £400 pounds to put it back!

A basic service on a premium watch is £300 + and my Dad who has a rolex sent his back and got a bill for £1500! I just can't see how these watch makers get away with charging that much.
My husband and his brother (Time Lord Watches) charge very reasonable prices to fix watches.
You could always contact them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Wear one? Yes
Which wrist? Left
what type? Apple Watch (Sport 42mm case)
do you wear it to bed/all the time or remove each eve? Yes (put it on charge)

started as a debate at work so what does NSC think? do you own an expensive watch or what would you pay for one? This is the most expensive watch I own £339 at time of purchase. (was an unexpected gift courtesy of my employer)

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I've got a few different watches over the years, ranging from, my Nike plus running watch to my cress a free dive watch. I have a couple of others to wear out with casual or smart clothes. Generally, I'm not that bothered about wearing one. If I do wear one I choose the cheapest watch I have which is a swatch. Really basic design in a dark green, but nice and light.

Always left wrist.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
My great great great grandfather was a watchmaker called John Harrison. I'd love to trace a watch that he made.

My great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was a watchmaker called Thomas Earnshaw. Some of his watches are in the British Museum.

I wore a Tissot rock watch for years until it gave up about 15 years ago. I recently decided to go back to wearing a watch, so I'll be getting one for Christmas. Currently I like the watches made by Zeppelin.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am right handed, and wear it on the right wrist. So far, that's 132 posts on this thread, and only Acker & I wearing a watch on the right side.

You're all wrong'uns, you know that?

Cant work that out if you are right handed you need the watch on the left wrist to see when writing which in your job I would think is quite a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here